Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFDM] Looking for DM for group of 4/5!

Hello Prospective DM! Our group of 4 (possibly 5 depending on availability our current DM who has outside obligations that will prevent him from planning and running our next campaign) are looking to begin planning our next campaign as our current run of Curse of Strahd is starting to come to a close after a fun filled year and a half. Please see below details for what we're looking for. Time Slot Weekly Sunday from 8pm - 12am EST (4 hours) Starting around late July / early August depending on current campaign end We've met consistently over the last year and a half without any issues with last second drops or weeks on end without sessions. Everyone has done a good job of communicating when they are unavailable well in advance.  Modules/Game setting we're thinking of  - Pirate Campaign Based in Moonshae Isles (We were planning this homebrew style campaign previously) - Spell Jammer (Dropping August 16th) - Dungeons of Drakkenheim - Warhammer 40k (Not sure if this is 5e friendly so open to other systems for this) - LOTR inspired campaign - 5e modules that are currently available  Other details We've played with voice chat over discord while doing the game over roll20 and would like to continue doing that as we're already familiar. We would like to avoid X Rated content. We enjoy a good balance between role play and combat. If this time slot and any of these modules/game settings (or you have a specific idea, you'd like to pitch) please respond with the details below! Name or Nickname: Discord: Age: Years of experience as a DM and Player: Campaign Ideas (Listed or otherwise): Any questions you have for us: Anything you'd like to share with us:
Jason, I am not sure if you all would be up for something a little different than D+D though which is very common on here. I have been setting up a new game to start running the new twilight 2000 4th game and trying to learn Roll20 as a GM. I have done one game of a One shot on here and not really messed with the Gm part much. Trying to learn the site. I have done the player for a few games which have all bailed for different reasons very shortly after starting. I do not have a basic setup for a starting in mind for the game right now which is pretty easy to start in one of the classic spots or somewhere very different than that. I have been gaming since the early 80s in one way or the other. Gm games here and there at different times and places like being asked to run a couple of last-minute games at Gen Con by a company owner once or twice.
I've been a DM since childhood (long time ago), and was 1st ed forever until adopting 5th.I have an amazing group I run for Wed nights. I might could add another campaign for the right group. Before I answer the posed questions, I'd like to know a bit more about the group. Age, gender mix, etc. Not super important to me, but gives at least a slight idea of  group make up. I also tend to use my lifelong homebrew setting (basic D&D) but am open to other things if the stars are right. Currently eyeing the Strixhaven bundle... I'm Pacific time, so the timing you look for might well work...