Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding spells to NPC sheet using Macros/Scripts help

So essentially for this game I'm running, I need to add multiple different spells to many different character sheets including all the aspects of the spell. I feel like this should be possible using ChatSetAttr though I could be wrong, I've been working on it for a while now and gotten exactly no where. If anyone has any idea as to how to go about this I would appreciate it. Alternatively if there is a better script for this task that would also be welcome. The sheet I'm using is the DnD 5e shaped sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If the spells are in the srd, the Shaped Companion can add them programmatically. You can also look into this spell book manager spreadsheet to help manage whole groups.  5e Spellbook Manager
keithcurtis said: If the spells are in the srd, the Shaped Companion can add them programmatically. You can also look into this spell book manager spreadsheet to help manage whole groups.  5e Spellbook Manager Hmm I probably should have mentioned that because of the system I'm running, the spells are custom and not in the Compendium unfortunately. I'm just using the shaped character sheet because it has everything I need and a good bit of functionality. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you are handy at programming at all, you can add new spells. They are in JSON format in the Shaped script body.
keithcurtis said: If you are handy at programming at all, you can add new spells. They are in JSON format in the Shaped script body. That would actually suit my purpose pretty well, now for the struggle of getting Shaped Script to actually work...
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
I believe you can add spells using ChatSetAttr but that is also a lot of work, so likely not worth it