Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TokenMod set currentside stopped working

Hi All, Just upgraded to Pro and am diving into APIs for the first time. The first thing I'm doing, using some other forum posts as a guide, is implementing a cowntdown clock I can present to my players in game visually.   I successfully created a multi sided token, and added TokenMod to my game, and created a macro to let me set the currentside of the token, so I can manually have the clock countdown. Then I created a new map in my game, and added the multi sided clock token to it, but now the macro doesn't function anymore. I didn't make any changes, it just doesn't work.  I thought maybe the tokenmod script was disabled, but tokenmod --help brings up the help documentation. Then I thought maybe it was related to the tokenID, but I never set the ID of the first token that worked successfully, so I'm not sure how to get the functionality back, and would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance!  Hopefully it's something simple I just derped out on.
Thought it might be helpful to actually post the macro text, as I'm sure that'll be the first thing anyone helping me will ask for: !token-mod --set currentside|?{Which Side?|1} Also, TokenMod is the only  API Script I have enabled in my game so far, and I haven't written my own as of yet.
1st question that comes to mind is the token selected?  (sometimes it the simplest of things)
Yes.  I also thought that might be the issue, but I've tried quite a few things at this point.  The strange part is that the macro was working fine, I was playing with it using the macro to select different sides and resizing the token moving it onto my first game map, until I added a second multi-side token to the game.  Once I did that, the macro stopped working altogether, for either the original or the new token
So. I went to dinner with the family, returned home, and logged in to see if anyone responded.  Seeing no responses to the thread I launched the game, and retested the macro and it worked.  I dunno what changed, but things appear to be working as normal now. I blame Gremlins...
Did you check the API console window to see if there was an error? Also, there have been a spat of ‘silent API crashes’ lately.  Were other scripts still working?  Whenever scripts are not working, I would just suggest restarting the API and refreshing the API console window.  The Aaron’s  API Heartbeat script  is also a great tool to have a visual indication when the API crashes. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Most often in these cases (not yours, since it eventually worked) is that the images on the rollable token come from the Marketplace, and not images uploaded to a personal Art Library. The API cannot touch Marketplace images.