Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Update for ToC Roll20 Character Sheet!?

Was hoping to set up a game using Roll20 Trail of Cthulhu character sheet, sadly it does not work very good. I am not much of coder my self , but do now hove I want it to look and function: A) It´s a shame not to use the ToC font:  Covington ? And also, do not use the smallest font size you can chose. It´s INVESTIGATORS , not Agents . B) There is some un-used space here, why not put in a box for Description ( looks, hairstyle, built etc )? C) Make it so the Sources of Stability and Pillars of Sanity get a bullet list (and again: BIGGER FONTS !). D) This is my own design for Stability, Sanity and Health. I do not like it when the the negative numbers are set at the top, that is not very intuitive? Giving some colors indicating the different levels of conditions, and also to connect it to what they represent and its effects on the Investigator, that would be great! E) Why are the numbers in the little boxes not centered !? This is ALL little boxes that need to be fixed, pleas? F) These do not function , not for me any way? Also, the counters to track the spending of Build point ,  they are glitchy at best. G) Again, small fonts , why!? Also, nice if some how the abilities with rating would be highlighted? The function of the General abilities is lacking; when rolling for testing the pool points are not removed, that you must do your self manually, that sucks . Must be fixed. H) The Cthulhu Mythos text should be one size bigger then the other abilities, that is just pure logic. ;) I 1 ) Free points , this one feels unnecessary to me; if players and/or Keeper can add pool to any ability, then I do not see the purpose with this function? I 2 )  This, and all others like that, would be better as scrolling in-put boxes? J) To add a function for choice of which play-mood to use would be great. This of course then would blank-out abilities like Hypnosis , and cap Health and Sanity ratings. K) Should look like this, and Hit Threshold moved to this part of the character sheet. L) The distance between two boxes should be kept nice and equal all over the character sheet.  M) One More Time: THE FONTS ARE TO F# SMALL! I hope I have not been to much of an a-hole, but fixing at least the functioning for rolling and spending would be greatly appreciated, pleas make my wish come true? ;)   Thanks, beforehand ... /Alf Joakim Persson
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure if the person that wrote that sheet is still around.&nbsp; If I am looking at the right sheet, the code can be found here: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Gumshoe_TrailOfCthulhu" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Gumshoe_TrailOfCthulhu</a> It is a very old sheet, probably written about the time the character sheet tab came into existence instead of just building characters with the Bio &amp; Info and Attributes &amp; Abilities tabs, so a great many features that sheets use now didn't exist when this was written. Following the user ID back from the sheet.json file attached to that sheet brings me to this profile:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/users/388416/casey" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/users/388416/casey</a> &nbsp; You could attempt contacting the author directly, but with the age of the sheet and the lack of the Pro subscription tag, they may not be active or be willing to make alterations to the sheet.&nbsp; You obviously have the interest, so you might consider stepping up to pro and taking over the sheet yourself if you are willing to put in some time on it.
Gold
Forum Champion
up at the top-right of the Character Sheet window, look for a Magnifying Glass symbol with a Plus/Minus. You can increase the size of the character sheet (fonts) with that. You will probably need to adjust the width - size of the Window after you +++ it to 150% zoom there.
Thank´s Kraynic (and Gold, you should not have to do that, don´t you think?) I might just have to step up to Pro and do it my self, and hope I can find some help dealing with the technical parts. :)
How do I, can I, get the code for the current official ToC Roll20; Nathanael W ?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Most of the "by Roll20" sheets are no longer publicly available.&nbsp; You might be able to pull it from inspecting the sheet in your browser, but I haven't tried to look at anything beyond specific inputs that way.&nbsp; All sheet code that is easily accessible to the community is in the repository I linked above.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Joakim (Kim) said: How do I, can I, get the code for the current official ToC Roll20; Nathanael W ? The only Roll20 sheet for Cthulhu is "Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20", (which is not Trail of Cthulhu?). I don't see a Nathanael W listed on any of the Cthulhu sheets. Kraynic spot on with the proprietary nature of code for any sheet that ends with "by Roll20".

Edited 1656804858
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You have to use the Roll20 Portal to suggest changes to official "by Roll20" character sheets. I see you've found the thread about this and posted there, but you have to follow the link to the Portal itself and post there.&nbsp;

Edited 1656806260
David
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: Joakim (Kim) said: How do I, can I, get the code for the current official ToC Roll20; Nathanael W ? The only Roll20 sheet for Cthulhu is "Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20", (which is not Trail of Cthulhu?). I don't see a Nathanael W listed on any of the Cthulhu sheets. He is talking about the GUMSHOE sheet by ROLL20 which supports Trail of Cthulhu and&nbsp;&nbsp;Night's Black Agents with ToC being the default.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, That was not entirely clear. I was looking for "official ToC Roll20"
I´m sorry if I was unclear what I meant keithcurtis. Thank you all for trying to help me out here, seems you have to be a coder to get what you need, sadly. :(

Edited 1656862904
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No worries. Confusion was mine. Best bet would be to send that list in a&nbsp; Help Center Request , since it's an official sheet. That will create a ticket for the next time the sheet gets attention. Not the best solution, but it makes a permanent "to do" item, whereas a forum thread will likely be soon forgotten.
Ok, I might as well try that keithcurtis, thanks. ...Any one up for some payed work, can´t pay a lot though?
I found all the code (I think), and images, for the sheet that Nathaniel W and two others created. Sadly I still not know hove to make changes do to my lack in coding. It should be easier to make this work, sad really.&nbsp;