Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking to Start Twilight 2000 4th ed.

I have been playing around trying to learn the Gm side of Roll20 for the past couple of weeks. I have not listed the game yet since I have not worked out a night to run. It is very open at this point and will be a weeknight game after 7 or 8 pm for about 4 hours or so. The time is going to be central USA time. I have not worked out the starting point if the group is doing the Poland thing or if the group would like to try something state-side for a start. The whole thing would be up to the group to decide on what they would like to do for a start. I did toy with the idea of a group of Kids finding themselves on their own after the family farm was attacked by bandits. As I said, just one idea, and if we did a state-side game I would more than start the group regardless near Wisconsin IN the southern part of the state. I know the area very well. We could even do a toss the base idea out and start the group Red dawn style with Russia's having invaded the midwest when the group has its last action if the group goes Military. I could also do a Civvy-style game also if the group wanted to do that. I also am open to using some of the stuff from the Free league Workshop for stuff also.
Hi there, I'm interested in your potential game, is there a particular application layout you are looking for?
The hours would unfortunately fall in the middle of the night in my timezone, but just as a suggestion for learning to use Roll20 as a GM: I don't know if you saw it yet, but the Referee's handbook has rules for Solo play - so you can set up a solo campaign page for yourself and run yourself some scenarios, during which you can learn both to use Roll20 and in its ins-and-outs, as well as Twilight 2000 4e itself in-and-out.  By the way, when I did that while learning the game I found that the maps can be a hassle to transport over to Roll20, but I solved it by "breaking" them down into pieces in JPG format and piecing the big map together on the Roll20 page. Hope this helps some and good luck!
Hry Matt, sorry for taking a few days to get back to you. NOt really hashed out things right now. Seeing if people want to play and size. Five, Thanks. found out hot to upload maps. Not sure yet how to load a couple of maps onto the same page. But I will go do some digging this week on youtube for stuff for this place. I understand the system. I am running a game for the first time in a couple of weeks at a con for the first time.
I would play if it were early in the week. I'm familiar with earlier versions but have not tried this one. I'll follow the thread.
Hey Judd, I listed the game as Mondays and if you look in other games You should see it I hope. I have the 8th of next month for the start. The game is pretty cool and more aimed at survival over action and the combat system is deadly if you are not careful.
I didn't see it but Mondays are good. I'll plan on the 8th of August. Looking forward to it.
I was trying but for some reason, it is not posting. So I might have to do a new game listing for it by the looks of it. Give me a day or two to get relisted and things sent out for you guys. Matt and Judd thanks for showing interest in the game.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/338690/where-are-we-going" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/338690/where-are-we-going</a> Here is the link to the game that I am running next month. Hope you guys can find it.