Hi everyone, I'm JonDM, and I've been working on a West March for my homebrew world - and have decided to open recruitment. I'm very excited to get this started, and come first to the Roll20 community before heading over to Reddit and other discords. If you're interested in being part of a greater community that has been running games since 2019, then please go ahead and check out the far too long, complete wall of text advertisement here on Roll20! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/338080/the-sea-of-vipers-west-march" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/338080/the-sea-of-vipers-west-march</a> Who I am: I'm JonDM, a semi-professional Dungeon Master, and a small-time Dungeons and Dragons streamer, who has been in the business since the start of Covid-19. My priorities are always to make sure everyone at my table is having a good time. I am very conscious about the needs of my players, and try to be as descript about what people are getting themselves involved in without acting like a complete buffoon in these games that are voluntary to play in.&nbsp; Currently, I have a copious amount of free time, and have decided to spend part of that time on creating a community of dungeons and dragons players, to play games that I want to play - rather than getting burned out on running modules over and over again.&nbsp; Meta information: I have been wanting to set up a Dungeons and Dragons community-based game for a while now, because I know just how limited everyone is on time, and how not everyone can commit to a weekly time slot. The benefits of a West March are that scheduling is completely open - you all decide a time, and I fit it in to my schedule. It also allows for players and DMs to get used to one another without committing fully to a potentially year-long endeavor such as a Narrative Campaign. It's also much easier on the DM, since the adventures can be a little more 'one-shotty' or episodic and sand-box, rather than have to be an interweaving tale and mystery that has to be unpacked. As with all games, participation is completely voluntary - if you're wanting to play, then all you'll have to do is post in the community discord and get a group together. I am flush for time, and can more or less fill any time slot given enough heads up. Homebrew Worlds: I understand that people get wary of worlds that are in homebrew settings, because they're either really bad, or taken far too seriously. I personally just have trouble contorting my games to the settings of other writers, mostly because I don't think they're very well thought-out, and at the least inconsistent. I have created an extensive lore document that explains the foundations of my world - because I will move and shift the details around to suit the games we're playing. This document is ever increasing as I interact with more people, who bring their own pie to the party, as it were. Try not to feel overwhelmed by lore, it's only for people who care about it. Many of my players don't care that much about it, and I respect it - some of us are just here to roll dice and laugh at silly jokes.&nbsp; Microphones and Cameras: The only thing I require of my players is to have a microphone and camera. They don't need to be professional, but I need to be able to see and hear you. I understand that people get camera shy, but in my experience, I have found that hiding behind text leads to misunderstandings often due to a lack of vocal tone - and without being able to see facial features and physical reactions, I can't as easily connect to my players. Voice only games can only do so much, and acts as a barrier from people understanding each other.&nbsp; Rules: There are many minor rules that I run for my games to improve the gameplay and bind the narrative to the mechanics - but my main ones are: 1) No depictions of Sexual Assault. I do not run fetish games. 2) No racism, including fantastical. People use fantasy races for stand-ins for their prejudice, and that is cringe. 3) No real-world politics. My games do have political themes and exploration of ideas, but they are all idealized and not a stand-in for real world happenings. We're here to escape the real world - not mimic it to press an agenda.&nbsp; Edit: I was told to remove a section of this due to forum misconduct or some such. Also, we're starting at level 1 trapped on an island. I hope that's okay with some people, who seemed to have been triggered by the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks.&nbsp; Thanks for Reading! If you're interested, please click the above link - fill out the application - and I'll reach out to you and bring you into the discord! Games are planning to start on the week of 7/11/22! If you have questions, throw them down below and I'll answer to the best of my ability!