Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][D&D5E] Group looking for a GM! Thursdays 6-8pm PST!

Hello! My friends and I are looking for a GM who would be interested in running games on Thursdays at 6-8pm PST. We'd like to do a one-shot first to make sure everyone is vibing and then if so continue on with an ongoing campaign! (Maybe 2-3x a month?) Anyhoo, I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions for each other if the initial hook interests you.
How many friends?   Is there a chance of sliding the start time to become 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST? How long have you had these friends? are you experienced at D&D already?  Normally games usually run at least 3 hours sometimes 4 or longer, depending on the player group.   Irregular scheduling two or three times a month is not a problem for me but it might be for some other DM. Are you looking for low fantasy, high fantasy? A specific setting like Eberron or Forgotten Realms? If you have a small amount of players are you looking for outside players that you haven't met yet or do you want to only play with your group of friends?
Looks like you're an experienced DM from your profile and you've been on roll 20 since the beginning.  Well met.

Edited 1656949618
Hi Shroud! We are a group of 4 (including me) but sadly we're locked on the 6pm start time due to scheduling needs. Two of those friends I've known for well over 15 years, the third is a new addition! :) Two of us are very experienced, one decently so, and the other likes to roll dice. :P I'd much prefer a 4 hour session but sadly the demands of life have all but eliminated that for most of us. :D Best I can give you on game type right now is "heroes in a heroic story" somewhere in a typical 5E setting but no explicit setting required and to be honest most of us are limited in the lore anyways aside from broad strokes. We might be open to a bigger game with others, but knowing the challenges of scheduling would perhaps be a bit hesitant. -- Ok I think I hit all the questions!  And well met as well. Wish I had the time to DM!
My situation is I live in Thailand though I run games online through roll 20, and I have a hard start of my 9:00 a.m. because I drive my wife to work and then get home by 9:00 a.m. to do my thing and so that becomes 10:00 a.m. EST which is 7:00 p.m. PST so likely I'm not going to be the guy that you need to run this.  I am definitely a forever DM, also. I would keep searching, it sounds like you have a group that's going to form a decent campaign.
Hello Ryan! I'd be interested in hosting for you - but not after 26th of July, as I will be travelling through Georgia (the nation, not the state!) I'm located in Poland - so time is a bit iffy for me - but I think we can work something out.  Please, feel free to DM me on Roll20, or add me on my Discord.
Hi, well met I'm a veteran DM having run about 100 campaigns and I introduce new gamers to RPGs/D&D as well as teach how to DM.  I am free on Thursdays any time, Tuesdays plus other days. I'm running three connected fantasy campaigns in a meta-plot for D&D now and have designed another one that should fit your description well.  My Discord is  LucasLabs#6064 we can chat with your group there as I can run just about any kind of campaign tailored to player likes.  Message me back on Discord or here, looking forward to chat!