Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking For Committed Players for Homebrew 5e Campaign (Either Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 5pm-10pm/12pm Central Time)

Edited 1657042003
Brian
Plus
My name is Brian, I have been playing/running dnd for a while now. I have about five years of experience, but most of that is playing. I love dnd, and it matters a lot to me. I have taken a break from it for a while, but I am willing to start it up again. I have two games I want to run. One of them is called Dynasty, it is like most dnd games. It is a wide world willing to be explored. I have a lot of stuff planned for it, but I want to run it again. It was supposed to have a sequel, and my old group fell apart before we could start it. The world felt unfinished, so I want to go back and fix it. The other game is a industrial based mafia game, but this would be if we were to finish Dynasty. It is a 1-20 levels game. My games run as long as a year usually, but I have been learning ways of shortening it. I use discord for both voice and music and everything else. I use Roll20 for combat and dndbeyond with it. My games usually run very long, so do not be shy to talk to others. I love the time to develope the characters more. I try to make the npc's around you very interesting to talk too. That is mostly about me and my game, but now I can say what I am looking for as a player. I want someone that would rather roleplay a whole session for story/character development than fight. I will of course have fights though. I also prefer if you don't have a character planned yet, and wait for my explanation of Dynasty's story/world. I usually even this out by foraging your character's backstory into the main plot. It is a way to keep you engaged and excited for what is to come, but I want you to be excited for everyone else's plot and to be supportive. I also respect if you were to take notes. That shows me that your invested. I want people with good schedules too. I put a lot of time into this game. I will say, I am not the best at voices/accents. So don't worry if you are in the same boat. If you are interested, send me your discord name. When I get the time these next couple days. I will conduct some in voice interviews on discord. Just to see if we have the same interest of my game and you as a player. Then after a week or so of adjusting the plot with the new backstories; I will be ready to start it. By the way, I can do most days other than the weekend mostly, but the 3 in the title might be best.
If the game is on Tuesdays or Thursdays I would be interested. Though I also don't use dnd beyond for anything, just never liked it.