Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] WeaponArcs - Multiple Arcs to a side - different anchor points

Love the look of this script from here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8996556/script-weaponarcs-visible-arcs-that-follow-your-token-and-maintain-their-relative-rotation" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8996556/script-weaponarcs-visible-arcs-that-follow-your-token-and-maintain-their-relative-rotation</a> One question, can I add multiple arcs to a side?&nbsp; I will have a ship that takes up 3 hexes by 1 hex and I want 3 arcs on each side (one for each cannon).&nbsp; Possible?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can definitely have multiple arcs in a direction: !weapon-arc {{ --add 60 9u #0606 --add 60 6u #6606 --add 60 3u #6006 }} All arcs are are on a radial line from the center of the token, so if you mean to have the arcs offset along a side, say on lines parallel to a radial line, that's not supported.&nbsp;
Well this is nice for normal/long range, but yeah I wanted 3 separate arcs one from each of the cannons.&nbsp; Oh well, it is still really cool
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Thought you could use multiple angles? 0, 90, and 270deg below? !weapon-arc {{ &nbsp; --add 0|60 9u #0606 &nbsp; --add 90|60 6u #6606 &nbsp; --add 270|60 3u #6006 }}
That might be a work around.&nbsp; I really wanted 3 of the same angle starting at different points along the ship (20ft, 45ft, 65ft along a 90 foot length hull, both sides)
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Ah yeah, you 'd have to have a different token for each cannon (which could be transparent tokens to not have to match the ship art), place them in the right relative locations, then group all the tokens for movement and rotation. Just note that to move a group you have to click it, pause, then move it. Otherwise it just moves the individual token instead of the group. IIRC rotation also gets a little weird with groups. Token-mod macros for movement/rotation might help with all of this.
That is brilliant!&nbsp; I was thinking of trying to make 3 separate tokens for each part of the ship LOL David M. said: Ah yeah, you 'd have to have a different token for each cannon (which could be transparent tokens to not have to match the ship art), place them in the right relative locations, then group all the tokens for movement and rotation. Just note that to move a group you have to click it, pause, then move it. Otherwise it just moves the individual token instead of the group. IIRC rotation also gets a little weird with groups. Token-mod macros for movement/rotation might help with all of this.