Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Group Initiative - how to just add dex

Hello, I have been reading the wiki for a while but find it more confusing than helpful. I have been trying all different kinds of macros but cannot figure out how to just get the GroupInitiative API to add the characters Dexterity.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you have GroupInitiative installed, it should have generated a handout with instructions.  I would recommend looking in your journal and reading through the content of that handout.  It has instructions for adding stats to the roll.  The exact syntax of how you do that will vary from sheet to sheet, depending on the exact name of the attributes involved.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can also get the help in chat with: !group-init --help The basic idea is to pass it a bunch of attributes that will be used for the initiative roll.  It has a stack of rules (for historical reasons) and applies the first one which works.  Generally in modern games, you'll only have one rule that will express initiative for your system.  If you aren't using one of the default character sheets (there will be buttons in the help output for them), then you would need to remove all the rules and add a new one for your setup.  You only need to do that once.  Assuming you are using just an attribute named "dexterity", configuration might look like this: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare dexterity There are a bunch more options, but that's the basics of it.

Edited 1658332003
Thank you both, appreciate it.