Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token health bar failure

My token has had problems with the health bar for as long as I've had it. Been unable to change it even though our dm could. I could change the name, other bars, auras, etc. But not the health bar. And another game token had the same problem in our game.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Your GM needs to assign you control of the health bar.

Edited 1408241190
Gold
Forum Champion
EDIT: Listen to Gauss first, his answer is probably it. ---- Perhaps "Max Health" is not set? If your health is, say, 6 out of (?), then it doesn't always work as expected. Making the health 6 out of 6, would fix that issue. I don't know if that is the issue you are having. It's just one tip that came to mind.
Gauss, our GM has given me complete control of all the functions of my token. At least from what he's told me. And the same for our other players. We also had the problem with the other tokens before as well. But that one seemed to have been fixed with a little alteration. And I have 16/16 so its got both sides set Gold. We've managed to work ourselves around it since I appear to be able to change the health from the journal. Even though I can't change it in the smaller settings that appear when you click on your token. Really I just thought I'd inform you about this incase there might be a bug in the system around it. I'm hoping its just a one time thing and it doesn't happen again, as in it just glitched out instead of a bug in the code. But all the same I think it would be best to inform people that actually know about it incase its happening to other people.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Gary , please send me a join link and I will come take a look.
Sent it.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, I have confirmed that the player's "Edit Token" window is not working correctly when a token's Bar is linked to a Character Sheet value. The GM's "Edit Token" window is working correctly and you can still change the bubble/bar values using the bubbles themselves. To reproduce: 1) Select a character sheet for your campaign (I have tested several character sheets and it appears the problem is independent of the specific sheet used). 2) Create a Character entry and then set a value (such as HP) in the Character Sheet for that Character entry. 3) Link a token to the Character entry. 4) Link a bar on the token to a value on the Character Sheet (such as HP). 5) Give yourself control of the token and switch to player mode. 6) Open the token's "Edit Token" window and adjust the values. Hit Save. Result: The values will fail to adjust on the token. You can still adjust the values via the bubbles (click on the bubble and edit the value, hit enter) or via the character sheet (edit the character sheet value normally).
Gauss
Forum Champion
This bug should now be fixed. If you have any further issues with it please let us know.
Will do.
Just checked, yep. The issue has gone and everything is working fine. Thank you for the help!