Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Allow players to flip their tokens

Score + 21

Edited 1659055636
Simply add in a player control that allows players to flip their own tokens either vertically or horizontally.  Nothing more, nothing less.  We shouldn't have to upgrade to pro AND use a mod script just to give our players such basic functionality.  Honestly, I have seen this suggestion come up SO many times that it's utterly amazing to me how it hasn't been implemented yet. Edit:  Please upvote this so that we can finally get this basic feature noticed.
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I've spent my maximum votes for the day (stupid rule) but I'm in support of this. Allowing players to do this can be useful visually.
Ahh..  A shame there, that really is a stupid rule..  But thank you for your support all the same.  :)  Because yeah, visually, this is very important for representing how players characters are acting at any given time without having to force them bug the DM to keep track of it.
Token mod API can do it. It's very good. Be nice though if this was a standard feature. 
Yeah, that's the problem though.  Not only is that a custom script, but you can't even use those without premium.  There's no reason why a feature this basic should be paywalled and require the use of custom scripts at the same time.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If this is something they will be doing often due to the game system you are running, you might think about creating rollable table tokens, using multiples of the images with different facings. You would have to edit the rotation of the image in some image editing program and upload each facing as a different image. Since players can choose what displays on a multi-sided token, that would give them control of facing under the current token mechanics.
This is a good idea for how to deal with this issue using the current system.  However it does require a lot more effort on the part of both players and GMs than it would for the devs to simply extend the use of an already existing function to players. Thankfully however, it looks like we should only need one more upvote to get this matter into consideration.
Also, a big thank you to everyone who's given upvotes so far.  Afterall, this is a feature that can benefit everyone on roll20, without them needing to use complicated workarounds or pay for pro just to be able to have an accurate representation of their character's facing.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Felix Ashur said: Thankfully however, it looks like we should only need one more upvote to get this matter into consideration. 10 is the threshold for it not being autoclosed after a certain period of time.  Consideration is a whole other thing.  You might want to check out the pinned thread on how suggestions work.
Really?  Well..  That's deeply unfortunate..  I'll take a look then.
Kraynic said: Felix Ashur said: Thankfully however, it looks like we should only need one more upvote to get this matter into consideration. 10 is the threshold for it not being autoclosed after a certain period of time.  Consideration is a whole other thing.  You might want to check out the pinned thread on how suggestions work. Alright.  I've taken a look over the pinned thread.  To be honest, I was a bit worried at first, but it doesn't look like as much of a longshot as you seemed to be implying. Regardless, it doesn't really matter in the end. The point is that this is a very simple quality of life addition that could help a lot of people without forcing them to resort to workarounds of varying complexity.