Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM seeking mature players to playtest an original roleplaying game.

I am developing an original game in which the GM and players collaboratively create original characters and settings for short-term campaigns. The purpose of this game is to allow the players greater creative freedom than the other popular TTRPGs. The system should accommodate your original race, profession, weapons, and skill set. I want you to play the characters you want to play in a setting that you enjoy without spending time to learn the lore and classes of other games. After the participants have decided on the game's genre, plot, setting, characters, vehicles and items, I will write a tailored one-shot or short campaign for you to play through. I will draw some basic maps (generally isometric), create adversaries and NPCs, and run the game on the scheduled date. This game is not a pre-fabricated module, nor it is a pre-existing world created by the GM. Each game is custom-made by the players and GM. THIS GAME IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, so I will rely on player feedback to help me tweak the rules and balance the gameplay. Due to the unfinished nature of my game, there will be some ambiguities and rough spots, but I aim to provide an engaging narrative and combat experience. My core rule book is still in its drafting stage, so I expect and encourage players to ask for clarification. 18+ Game (I don't expect to do anything over-the-top, but I don't want to be restricted to family-friendly scenarios.) I don't mind a little silliness and joviality, but let's not allow the game to devolve into a slop of memes and cheap humor. I come from a community of amateur writers, and good narrative storytelling is highly desirable. If you enjoy my game and are amicable, then I sincerely hope that we can play together regularly. :) I am eager to begin, so why not introduce yourself and list some character, weapon, and setting ideas? Cheers!  
I operate in the UTC-5 GMT-5 timezone (Central Daylight Time), but my time is flexible this month and I don't mind hosting international players with good command of the English language.
Genres that I'm especially interested in trying with the system are Fantasy, Science fiction, Action thriller, and Mystery. If interested, let me know.
Hey if your still looking for playtesters im willing to try it out but i can't do 5 GMT, 6 at the earliest.
I am not very busy this month, so I'm confident that we could find a convenient time for the both of us to set up a session. What does need to happen at some point is character creation, which I will personally guide you through. My core rule book is still in the drafting stage, so I expect that there will be many questions, and I am happy to clarify. If you're still interested, let's get together and plan out a session.
We've gotten a few characters so far, but we still need some more. Send me a message if you're interested in joining and we'll work out the details over the next few days.
We now have a premise for our upcoming game session. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} The city of Castinel is on the verge of an ecological crisis. Since the inception of the high counsel’s eco augmentation program many centuries ago, the city’s industrial complex sought new methods to control the forces of nature through the use of Ether magic. Although the intention was to solve the shortages of food and energy for the rapidly growing city, the unrefined methods used by people have always been at a disharmony with the natural law; giving rise to a steady intensification of natural disasters and growing hostility from wild creatures. Given your talents and expertise you have been summoned to the weather control spire, a government-funded research facility that looms in the misty horizon. There, the high counsel has assembled a symposium of individuals with some ecological and technological expertise in the hopes of calming the elements and restoring harmony with the environment. You are part of the last group of people to be transported to the spire today, so you spend some time preparing for your journey and head for the motorcarriage station. You look to the spire in the distance. From your vantage point at the edge of town it would seem insignificant, were it not for the ominous swirl of dark clouds encircling its peak. The spire awaited within a shroud of unrelenting tempest.
Hey, the system sounds interesting, I'd like to give it a shot if you're still looking for players. ☺
Of course! I'm trying to build a small community out of this, and your input is going to help me refine the system in new and fun ways.