Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Night Vision - set visible color aura to be visible to the token's controller only

I set the tokens to have night vision in Dynamic Lighting. Night Vision distance of 15ft, Night Vision Effect: Dimming; Dimming Start: 5ft. Color: RED I want the token's night vision red aura to only be visible to the DM and the Player of the token, not to any other players. How can I do that?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi DamianKnight! You can tint their  night vision instead of their light, but tinting light and vision is a bit wonky. It might be better to give them a red aura that only the controller (player) can see.
Yes I did tint their night vision so that it works with they dynamic lighting boarders of the cave I placed them in. If you turn on a red aura of 60ft, then you have a large red circle aura that expands out over the map, 60ft radius, regardless of dynamic lighting boarders

Edited 1659975747
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry, I saw the description of 15 feet in the first post. Yes, sixty feet would be a bit much for an aura. More directly to your original question, other players already cannot see another player's night vision tint, only tinted light if they emit it. Make sure you have set controllers on the tokens you are testing with or use a  Dummy Account  to accurately see. If the tokens are uncontrolled, set to All Players, or all have the DM added, you will get possibly inaccurate results. Here are screen shots. The token on the left has the settings from your top post. The one on the right has normal (60ft) darkvision. Red Sight (or GM using Ctrl-L) Player sees: Normal Sight (or GM using Ctrl-L) Player sees: GM sees without using Ctrl-L: Does that help, or am I still not understanding the issue properly?