Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DnD 5e Compendium Sharing Limit

I am free user with purchased books and I got 7 players within one game. If I am sharing the compendium, what would happen? 1) Only 5 players would have access to my shared compendium? 2) Compendium will be disabled for that game. Thank you in advance.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi FunLord! Here's the answer from the Help Center  (Option 2 that you listed): What happens if I go over my limit? Once your game reaches the maximum number of players, compendium sharing will be disabled and you will get a warning message that it has been disabled for this game. You can use the " Kick from Game " feature to remove inactive players from your game or  upgrade your subscription  if you need more players to have access to your compendium. The limit goes into effect even if those players themselves own one or more of the compendiums you want to share. Players who have purchased the compendium will still be able to access it as normal for themselves, but other players won't be able to access the shared compendium in a game they did not create.
I tried to find it thorugh google. Roll20, Reddit, etc... I found the same answer. So, basically if there are moe than 5 playes within that game, no player would have access to the compendium I am sharing, is it correct? Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
At the free user level, yes, that is correct.