Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spell list/casting macros for newbies?

So I have been trying to figure out how to get spells to work for ease of use in 3.5e. I went to add in spells to the character's sheet but it always spews out the same info, so I tried to alter it but the macro box was locked and wouldn't let me touch it. So looked up some guides on how to set up a macro for spell lists since I saw quite a few of those roaming about. But in short I couldn't figure out how to get those to work either. I am not tech savvy at all when it comes to macros and I am having to DM for people who don't really look up stuff much and don't seem to put the most effort into remembering that say your level accounts for how much you heal with a cure light wounds so wanted some kind of tool to help them ease into the experience. Any help would be very much appreciated.
I presume that what you want would be (for example) a macro that, when a 6th-level sorcerer or wizard character casts Fireball, automatically calculates the DC for a Reflex save, rolls 6d6 points of damage, shows you the blast radius of the fireball, gives you access to another macro to roll for spell resistance, etc. And ideally, this macro should also roll only 10d6 points of damage when the spell caps out, even if the caster is 20th level. Stuff like that. Sound right? I'm working on something appropriate for 3.5e. It's not an API script, so much as a very comprehensive set of macros that leverages several different scripts. But it's not really ready for prime time yet.
Edward R. said: I presume that what you want would be (for example) a macro that, when a 6th-level sorcerer or wizard character casts Fireball, automatically calculates the DC for a Reflex save, rolls 6d6 points of damage, shows you the blast radius of the fireball, gives you access to another macro to roll for spell resistance, etc. And ideally, this macro should also roll only 10d6 points of damage when the spell caps out, even if the caster is 20th level. Stuff like that. Sound right? I'm working on something appropriate for 3.5e. It's not an API script, so much as a very comprehensive set of macros that leverages several different scripts. But it's not really ready for prime time yet. That sounds really helpful. I will have to keep an eye to see when it is prime time. Until then will have to get my players to remember most of the things to add. But yeah that is exactly what I was looking for so thank you for the information. Is there a way for me to follow you.