Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Volo's guide tokens and maps not showing up in art library under Market Place Purchases

Ok so i have various WoTC sourcebooks and up until now all content has just been auto available in my games, both the compendium and art library. I went looking for a specific token the other day and noticed in the compendium the token wasn't there, so then i went to the art library and under my marketplace purchases all other WoTC material is there but no Volo's. I went through adding the add-on manually (never had to do that before) to my game (several games in case it was a game specific issue), the screen says it was added, but when i launch the game its not there. Requested help from Roll20, after some back and forth where they asked me to repeat the steps already done its gone quiet and i'm no further forward.  Has anyone else had this issue and knows a fix/workaround?
Hi, Stewart E. As for as I know, Volo's just comes with a compendium expansion, not an art pack. My art library does not have a Volo's folder, either. In the compendium, the Volo's monsters that have a text token rather than an art token (presumably because art was not provided by WoTC) are: Black Guard Drake Deep Rothe Orc Hand of Yurtus Rothe Stench Kow White Guard Drake If your monster is one of those, your best bet is to find some art you like, upload it, and the assign the art as the character's default token. If your monster is not one of those--perhaps because the character sheet already exists in your game, but assigned to a different token image--there are a few ways to go about getting back to the official token art, one of which is to rename the character in your journal and then drag out a fresh instance of the desired monster from the compendium. (Another way: In the games where you specifically added Volo's as an add-on, there should now be a Token Page with Volo's tokens on it [as well as a few lair pages]. That won't help you if your encounter is an Orc Hand of Yurtus riding a Stench Kow, but it it's, say, an Abjurer and his two Morkoth companions, then you'll find tokens, with art, on that page.) I hope I am understanding your issue correctly, and, if so, I hope this helps.
Sarah, thanks for that, it is very misleading, if I go to the add-on sections for a game Volo's guide mappack and tokens is there as an add-on and in my markplace items it is also listed. That said my compendium and game is exactly the same as yours, i was looking for an Aasimar token from Volo's but guess not. Would have been nice if the Roll20 support team had actually provided an answer like yours instead of fobbing me off then ignoring me.
You're welcome, Stewart E.! I think the reason for the lack of an aasimar token is that aasimar is a player race, rather than a monster, so the aasimar art did not end up on either the token page or in the compendium expansion. Agreed, it would be convenient to have an aasimar token as part of a dedicated art pack, as there is in the Roll20 conversion of Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse (Wizard of the Coast's recent replacement for Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes ). Sadly, I imagaine that adding an art pack to Volo's is a low-priority concern, given that it's essentially a deprecated product from WoTC's point of view. That said, there is a workaround. The rules for the player race in Volo's does have some art included; if you search for aasimar in the compendium, you should find a rules page with some aasimar art: The image isn't in your Art Library, but if you right click on the image, save it, optionally modify it using an image editing or token-stamping tool, and then re-upload it, you can have your own aasimar token with the Volo's art. Not as convenient as having a dedicated, included token, but it's a viable way to get an aasimar token with the Volo's art into your game. Good luck, and happy gaming. Sarah
Thanks for taking a poke around and providng some detail, appreciate it