Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Fog of War Painted Style and Partial Transparency

In my photoshop and LCD projector tabletop maps, I use a soft-edged circle to erase a black layer. This beautifully simulates torch/lamplight and the falloff of visibility. It would be nice if this type of "painted" reveal were available in roll 20 (whether soft edged or not). Having single hex sized eraser would also be great. (Rectangles are not good for revealing hexes and polygons take too long.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Dynamic lighting in the supporter or mentor tier give you this effect fairly well (with some caveats about what has been seen but is no-longer illuminated).
Hi, I'm a supporter, I'm wondering how I can make an unusual shape on the map concealed from the players with fog-of-war. I was trying to hide what was inside of a v-shaped ridge (like a volcano rim, only with an open end). From what I can tell, the fog-of war forces the GM to reveal and hide rectangles. Is this a work-around with this using something other than fog-of-war? I would LOVE it if roll20's core fog-of-war let the GM do a quick n dirty rectangle OR be able to draw a filled shape with the mouse manually to either conceal OR reveal an irregular shape!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is a polygon reveal tool for the FoW available to the GM. Hover over the reveal tool and select Polygon Reveal.
Yep, I saw that, thanks.. My issue was that the PCs retreated from that valley/gorge, and I needed to re-fog it again fast, since they shouldn't know what the bad guys were positioning themselves. Yes, I know there are probably higher priorities that this, but it would be nice to see a free-hand, enclosed shape quick conceal and reveal tool.
Gauss
Forum Champion
What I do is use the rectangle to block out a bunch and then use the polygon reveal tool to trim away what I don't want.