Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-Order the new core rulebooks now.
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

QOL: Character Vault folders would be nice!

As of right now, the character vault is just organized alphabetically. Nothing's wrong with that, unless you vault a lot of characters. I made my spell templates into characters that i could just drop in whenever needed to any game i create, this ends up clogging the vault. (I imagine this could also be an issue if someone is playing multiple game systems, and having a way to sort stuff out would make life easier.) A folder system would be great, thanks!

Edited 1661275539
Marcel said: ... I made my spell templates into characters that i could just drop in whenever needed to any game i create, this ends up clogging the vault. (I imagine this could also be an issue if someone is playing multiple game systems, and having a way to sort stuff out would make life easier.) A folder system would be great, thanks! I've done the same with many spells, as well as player-editable handouts for some items (cart, wagon, bag of holding, portable hole, etc.) I created a "library  game" for storing re-usable character sheets, handouts and maps. When they're needed, I transmogrify the item to the current game and edit the name and permissions as required.
Gold
Forum Champion
It's been many months passed, but Roll20 last year at Roll20CON announced that an overhaul was coming to Charactermancer and Character Vault. They said (on Twitch, back then) that you would be able to Edit characters outside of the Tabletop, that charactermancers would be able to be used in the Vault. However not much has been said about it since last year.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .