Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question on Adventurer's Guide to the Bible

Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Does anyone know or has purchased and can check whether the additional character creation options are incorporated into the Charactermancer? <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/18508/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/18508/</a>
You should contact the publisher or roll 20 for that one, that is a pretty niche product, within the entire realm of RPGs, and they would be the most likely to be able to answer any questions.
I believe the following are the only sheets the charactermancer works with at the moment. Most add-ons are not included in the Charactermancer. Support [ edit ] Current Games with a Charactermancer (Sept. 19th, 2021): Dungeons &amp; Dragons 5th Edition Charactermancer Burn Bryte Call of Cthulhu 7E Pathfinder 1E Mothership (Blog) [ edit ] Planned Pathfinder 2E Starfinder &nbsp;(work paused)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It would seem unlikely. The product you linked (although 5e) only contains a module and an artpack. There is no mention of a compendium source, which would be necessary to add any option to the Charactermancer.

Edited 1661949632
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
From the Kickstarter announcement of the Roll20 Module: However, this package does NOT include a Compendium for integrating spells, subclasses and magic items into your Roll20 account interface. All subclasses, spells, and magic items are still included in the package (with all artwork included), but they appear as "handouts" rather than integrated features. What this means is that spells and class features will need to be copy/pasted into your character sheet rather than drag-and-dropped, as you might for other "official" content. The reason for this is that, as Roll20 moves to integrate with OneBookShelf, they will be moving away from the "Compendium" format, and so we were advised not to use that feature for the time being.&nbsp; Which (setting aside all concerns of the current functionality of this particular product), if that is all accurate, hints at some really interesting behind-the-scenes developments on the Roll20 platform that could shift the way character sheets and product content work.
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks to all of you for doing that digging! I guess I will be… tentatively hopeful. I’m a sucker for buying things that add more options to my 5E charactermancer.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the second sentence in that quote. I think it means that One Bookshelf items will not need to be compendium compliant. Compendium work is technical and complicated and can be an impediment to smaller publishers. AFAIK, there are no plans to scrap or reduce the Compendium.

Edited 1661978944
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the second sentence in that quote. I think it means that One Bookshelf items will not need to be compendium compliant. Compendium work is technical and complicated and can be an impediment to smaller publishers. AFAIK, there are no plans to scrap or reduce the Compendium. If that is so, then it feels like a missed opportunity to expand or revise the compendium feature to work with One Bookshelf items, or that communication is unclear to the publishers if that is not going to be the case. Charactermancer integration especially is one of the main features I think people expect out of publications that include new character options. A second is the drag-and-drop functionality of monsters for use in other games. PDF support is nice, but it doesn't replace this type of functionality, and if it won't be included as an extended part of the development of the One Bookshelf integration, then publishers shouldn't be dissuaded from providing that sort of content for their products. And to be clear, I'm not looking to scrap or reduce, but rather enhance and enlarge the opportunities of the compendium (or overhaul it to make it simpler to work with, I suppose).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Anybody can add to the Compendium. Even One Bookshelf creators. But it requires expertise and experience that should not be a bar to people getting their product in in some fashion. The Compendium really can't be reduced in complexity. Anybody can make a movie. Not everyone has the expertise to do the special effects of a Star Wars or Marvel movie. But that shouldn't bar them from making any movies.
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
They did say “for the time being” so I’ll cross my fingers that once this is more clear, Red Panda Publishing can work to incorporate their subclasses and backgrounds into the charactermancer. I want to be able to create a College of Psalms bard!