Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Contact creator to learn intended sizes of map assets?

I recently bought a huge map of a Coastal Abbey. I'm really exciting to put it together—it is 6x6 big assets. The purchase page tells me the total size of the aggregate map, but now I'm seeing that all 36 items do not have the same dimensions. And I don't know which have which dimensions!! <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5561/coastal-abbey-keep" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5561/coastal-abbey-keep</a> Is there any way to contact an item creator? This is like buying furniture but not getting directions on how to assemble it!&nbsp; Any suggestions?

Edited 1663189708
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, so one option for you to do, and it will probably be tedious: 1) download the pack 2) open the pack, right click on an image and click properties.&nbsp; 3) check the details tab for the native size of the image 4) Right click on the corresponding image in the game 5) go to advanced, "set dimensions" 6) Enter the dimensions you found on the image's details tab.&nbsp; Example: A1 is 4428 x 2520pixels Note: I don't know if this will give the correct size, just that it is a shot in the dark Edit: I did the "A" line, and the above method works and correctly matches the canvas width (to within a few pixels).
That is a feasible, but yeah super tedious approach. Thanks Gauss.&nbsp; Is there really not a button or email or each way to contact creators? I looked on their Patreon page and no contact method there either.
Gauss
Forum Champion
John P said: That is a feasible, but yeah super tedious approach. Thanks Gauss.&nbsp; Is there really not a button or email or each way to contact creators? I looked on their Patreon page and no contact method there either. I also checked and could not find contact information for this creator. You could send a help center request to the Devs for help on the matter.&nbsp;

Edited 1663191548
Gauss
Forum Champion
I did have a thought, the width of every vertical line should be the same. So the first A line should be the most tedious. The rest of the lines may actually be a simpler matter.&nbsp; Also, the height of each line should be the same for each image in that line. So it may be a simpler matter than it first appears.&nbsp;

Edited 1663193670
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've opened some of the sample images and I honestly can't tell the intended size. The central tiles are square, and the outer pieces are rectangular, so they are not consistent there. Also, the cover says "(70px)", but if you dived the size of a square tile by 70, you come up with 42.857 squares per tile. If you set them to 40x40 grid units, the pixels per inch become 75, which again, is not intuitive or easy to work with. Gauss' method is probably the easiest solution. I would suggest setting the page size to the suggested dimensions and then turning the grid off before sizing or placing. Grid snap will frustrate any attempt to get these to fit. Once they are in place on the map layer, try not to touch them, if you later turn the grid on. The top and bottom row are all shorter than the central squares. The left and right columns are all wider. You can probably get the dimensions you need by downloading A1, A6, F1, and any center square. A1 will get you top row height and left column width. A6 will get you right column width F1 will get you&nbsp; bottom row height Center squares will be same for all and can be used for width of the 4 center tiles in the top and bottom rows I would also strongly advise against trying any kind of dynamic lighting on a map this size. If you need to hide things, go with the GM layer, or Fog of War.
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Gauss said: John P said: That is a feasible, but yeah super tedious approach. Thanks Gauss.&nbsp; Is there really not a button or email or each way to contact creators? I looked on their Patreon page and no contact method there either. I also checked and could not find contact information for this creator. You could send a help center request to the Devs for help on the matter.&nbsp; I subscribe to PogS Props on Patreon. I've messaged him with a link to this post. Hopefully he can clear this up. :)
PogS
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi, I'm the creator. This map is not meant to be a roll20 battlemap. As you noticed the map is not cut into same size squared pieces. The pieces are meant to be assembled into a image software as shown on this page :&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5561/coastal-abbey-keep" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5561/coastal-abbey-keep</a> . A1 to A6, B2 to B6 etc.... It is primarily meant for printing. The problem is the max size of Roll20 marketplace files. I could not upload files of more than 2.8 MB else it failed. Now they increase the size and you can effectively upload files ut to a bit less than 10 Mb. Anyway you won't be able to load it in full into Roll20. It's way too large. Send me your email address and a proof of purchase and I'll send you the full map. PogS
Gauss
Forum Champion
Thank you Elemental Flame and PogS :)
This kind of begs the question as to why something that is not intended for use as a Roll20 battlemap is being sold ON Roll20 AS a battlemap!! PogS said: Hi, I'm the creator. This map is not meant to be a roll20 battlemap. As you noticed the map is not cut into same size squared pieces. The pieces are meant to be assembled into a image software as shown on this page :&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5561/coastal-abbey-keep" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5561/coastal-abbey-keep</a> . A1 to A6, B2 to B6 etc.... It is primarily meant for printing. The problem is the max size of Roll20 marketplace files. I could not upload files of more than 2.8 MB else it failed. Now they increase the size and you can effectively upload files ut to a bit less than 10 Mb. Anyway you won't be able to load it in full into Roll20. It's way too large. Send me your email address and a proof of purchase and I'll send you the full map. PogS