Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

APi Ability Command setup, need help.

Edited 1663861249
Hello! I'm fairly new at creating at my own macros and stuff but I wanted to do so to help my newer players have access to all their resources easily without being overwhelmed by the character sheet. What I'm trying to create is an API Menu for Saves that my players can press to also roll their saves if needed. Lo and Behold I found one such guide online... But it's very outdated.&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlJgpiFXPdo" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlJgpiFXPdo</a> I've racked my brain enough and I'm honestly my wits end since I have no prior experience coding / HTML. I was wondering if someone can help me figure a macro for even just letting the API Ability command initiate a Save roll once clicked. /w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|character_name} Status}} {{Armor Class= @{selected|ac}}} {{HP= @{selected|hp} / @{selected|hp|max} -[[@{selected|hp|max}-@{selected|hp}]]}} {{Temp HP= @{selected|hp_temp} / 10}} {{Spell Save DC= @{selected|spell_save_dc}}} {{Speed= @{selected|speed}ft}} {{Speed= @{selected|speed}ft}} {{Saves= [STR](&amp;#13; Here's what I have so far but everytime I go past the carriage return, I get " TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'substring')" Thank You very much for any help!
The Aaron
Forum Champion
API Scripter
Check these links: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_Menus" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_Menus</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/roll20-tips-and-tricks-innovative-solutions-to-common-problems/?pageforid=5927072#post-5927072" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/roll20-tips-and-tricks-innovative-solutions-to-common-problems/?pageforid=5927072#post-5927072</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Prothias! What character sheet are you using? Someone may already have solved this.
keithcurtis said: Hi Prothias! What character sheet are you using? Someone may already have solved this. The generic D&amp;D 5e one by Roll20. I sure hope so cause I've been working on this all day HAHA!&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is what the Token Action Maker script creates for PCs. It should work if saved as an Ability on each sheet that needs it. It's a dropdown instead of a&nbsp; Chat Menu , but it works. @{wtype}&amp;{template:simple}&nbsp; @{rtype}?{Saving Throw|Strength, +@{Strength_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[STR SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Strength Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Strength_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Strength_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[STR SAVE]]]|Dexterity, +@{Dexterity_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[DEX SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Dexterity Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Dexterity_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Dexterity_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[DEX SAVE]]]|Constitution, +@{Constitution_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CON SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Constitution Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Constitution_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Constitution_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CON SAVE]]]|Intelligence, +@{Intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[INT SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Intelligence Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Intelligence_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[INT SAVE]]]|Wisdom, +@{Wisdom_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[WIS SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Wisdom Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Wisdom_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Wisdom_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[WIS SAVE]]]|Charisma, +@{Charisma_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CHA SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Charisma Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Charisma_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Charisma_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CHA SAVE]]]}}} {{global=@{global_save_mod}}} {{type=Save}} {{typec=Save}} @{charname_output}
keithcurtis said: Here is what the Token Action Maker script creates for PCs. It should work if saved as an Ability on each sheet that needs it. It's a dropdown instead of a&nbsp; Chat Menu , but it works. @{wtype}&amp;{template:simple}&nbsp; @{rtype}?{Saving Throw|Strength, +@{Strength_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[STR SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Strength Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Strength_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Strength_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[STR SAVE]]]|Dexterity, +@{Dexterity_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[DEX SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Dexterity Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Dexterity_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Dexterity_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[DEX SAVE]]]|Constitution, +@{Constitution_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CON SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Constitution Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Constitution_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Constitution_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CON SAVE]]]|Intelligence, +@{Intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[INT SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Intelligence Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Intelligence_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[INT SAVE]]]|Wisdom, +@{Wisdom_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[WIS SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Wisdom Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Wisdom_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Wisdom_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[WIS SAVE]]]|Charisma, +@{Charisma_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CHA SAVE]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{rname=Charisma Save&amp;#125;&amp;#125 {{mod=@{Charisma_save_bonus}&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Charisma_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CHA SAVE]]]}}} {{global=@{global_save_mod}}} {{type=Save}} {{typec=Save}} @{charname_output} This works wonders! Thank you very much!
You might be interested in my Universal Chat Menu for the D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 sheet. The 'Rolls' buttons outputs a menu to roll all the checks and saves from the character sheet:
Jarren said: You might be interested in my Universal Chat Menu for the D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 sheet. The 'Rolls' buttons outputs a menu to roll all the checks and saves from the character sheet: I continued working on what I had with what @keithcurtis gave and a few hints I found in yours too @Jarren. You both have been of great help!