Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Change bar values in Token Settings

Pktome
Pro
Sheet Author
Is it no longer possible to update attribute values directly from Token Settings? Until a few days ago I was able to modify normally, now it looks like the fields have been "disabled" when they are pulled from the sheet. This sucks for me as I used to just select "all" from max and put in current to fill 100%. As my game has high numbers, I used this method to easily copy the numbers, however now i have to put the value manually and in my sheet the current value is "hidden"
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Pktome! This is a bug from an update which gives users the ability to create their own token art, among other things. Devs have been made aware that this is not a viable way of handling the input. I would expect a change shortly. (crosses fingers)
ooh, could that be a reason why token bars are not updated directly when changing values in either bubbles or token settings ?  That's happening to some (and only some) of my players sometimes, and it only works again if the player reloads the game. The bubble value is updated, the token settings are updated, the character's sheet value is updated, but the hp bar (bar1 in my case) don't show the new value if modified.... Could it be the origin of the issue ? or is it related to the 'show-on-hover' thing ? That's annoying when playing not to be able to follow a token's health...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm not sure where that particular bug comes from. I haven't encountered it exactly, but have run into issues where things are not updating on all views, usually on "stale" games that have been left running unattended for hours. Inconsistent bugs are difficult to track down. If you are in a situation where this is actively happening to you or your players, it might be worth reporting on this thread , since it seems to be related. If you want to provide useful information to the dev team, capturing a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) and filing a  Help Center Request  will hopefully give them data they need to identify the source of this behavior.
Thanks for reporting this Pktome. This is a debilitating problem: I can't edit PC hps without unlinking the bar from the PC sheet. Which means ofc that e.g. hp changes don't migrate over to the next map unless I start copy/pasting tokens rather than drag tokens from the journal. Glad to see that devs are aware (thank you Keith!)
This issue is also pretty problematic for my dynamic tokens.  I went to get my monsters ready for today and they won't calculate their HP values at all.  On the plus side I can manually do it by making a macro that calls on that value and typing it in, but it is a bit frustrating that hundreds of my journals entries are just broken.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It now appears that the ability to edit linked attributes within the Token Editing interface has been restored, for both GMs and players. You may need to refresh your browser window to see the change.
This was updated in a recent release . I'm closing this thread out to keep things tidy, but feel free to drop any additional comments on this thread !