Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Double sided token question

Im looking to run a game of OG Spelljammer. my question lets say i create a token based on a ship so that primary image is of the Ship set at 70, now i would like the image that this token flips to is the ships deck plan but to be able to see and read it i want to set that image at 280. is it possible for the small token to flip to the larger image..?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Sort of.  Lets say your ship at "full resolution" was 20x10 tiles.  You would want a 1400x700 pixel image for the floor plan, and a 350x175 pixel image for the ship token.  If you wanted to be able to flip one for the other, you'd only be able to do that by building the 350x175 token with enough transparent padding to make it 1400x700, otherwise you'd have to resize. If you had access to Mods (formerly the API), you could create a script that would scale the image when you flipped it such that it ended up the right size.  (or use an API command to flip and size, such as TokenMod).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
HI Tim! To flip the image and automatically change the size would require a script such as Token-mod. Mod scripts are a Pro subscriber perk, but if your game was created by a Pro subscriber, then yes, this is entirely possible.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ninja'd!
Could i link the Ship token on the VTT to an image with the Deckplans
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You mean set up a character so that the default token is the properly-sized deckplan image? Yes, absolutely. Many people do spell templates that way, which also need to be specific sizes. To use a single multisided token and flip sides and size requires the script, though.