This Session is Full. Sorry I missed you. Hopefully we can game together in future. Have a great weekend. Game Day With  Fallout: The Roleplaying Game Date:  Saturday, October 1st Start Time:  9:00 AM PDT / 4:00 PM GMT Duration:  5 hours, +1 hour optional buffer, if needed to finish. Voice:  Voice will be run on Discord Everything Else:  Roll20 is used for everything else: character sheets, maps, handouts, music, and sound effects The massive circular door is not quite closed. There is a narrow opening, far too small for an adult to get through. But a child perhaps… Peeking through, there is only darkness at first. But when your eyes become accustomed, you see a slight green glow, hard to notice at first, but there, clearly defined by a clean dark edge, as if the source is just around a corner. But that light disappears, only for a moment, as if something inside had moved in front of it. There are open seats in this Saturday’s game, an opportunity to let your inner wastelander wander. In this third installment, we will be kicking off a new adventure, Once Upon a Time in the Wasteland , or Once Upon a Time in the Commonwealth , as it had previously been titled. However, the session will first start with the conclusion of the final scene of Machine Frequency , and then some downtime in Diamond City, to heal up, kit up, and plan for what’s next. This is a game of action and adventure set in the post-apocalyptic world of the Fallout franchise. The system is Modiphius’ 2d20 system, an RPG that encourages creative thinking, initiative, and a unique system that fosters team cooperation and strategy. We’ll be using the published adventure from the Starter Set, Once Upon a Time in the Wasteland (aka Once Upon a Time in the Commonwealth ). So these sessions are only for those that haven’t read or run through that adventure to date. For those that are familiar with the video games, this game is set in the Commonwealth area of what used to be the Boston Metro region, prior to the events introduced in  Fallout 4.  There are a number of linked adventures designed to ease players into the system, so the plan is to proceed as long as there is steam and interest to explore as many as possible. Pre-made characters will be available. These game sessions are designed for people to come into and play casually. That said, the full rules system has been added to the Roll20 game and is available in the compendium: everything one needs to understand the game, not that you need to do this. Again, everything will be ready for you to drop into a character’s skin and venture out into the storied wasteland. However, it does offer the opportunity for those who are good self-starters and are perhaps more experienced roleplayers, to take a stab at making a character of their own, as long as they are capable of doing so without needing help, as I will have my hands full getting everything ready. If that’s not you, then consider playing a pre-made instead. Because these 2d20 games really shine when teams cooperate and work together, I will be looking for players who demonstrate an ability to put the team foremost and not always seek to be the go-it-alone type. This game acts best if there are characters who can function as builders while others act as consumers; everyone wins in the end. It’s a great system if you want to act as a support character, but you will need to learn the nuance of how those function. I like to emphasize story and encourage roleplay and exploration of character, over brute force. But this is  Fallout ; it is a game of action and adventure, but how it plays out depends on what you bring to the table.  For me, it's about being in character and having fun just living the feeling of being in that setting. And if that's you and you have some time and are interested, please consider joining us for a game day. We'd love to hang with you. This is  j ust an easy-going game day to have some fun and socialize.  As always for my games, the primary rules for interaction are courtesy, patience, acceptance, tolerance, and having respect for everyone. Newbies are welcome. Games are always free. Having or knowing the rules is never required. And for " one-off"  social games like this, characters will be provided. All you need to do is show up, ready to have some fun. PM me if interested.