Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

[LFP][5e][Monday EST] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden

Edited 1664404028
Hello adventurers! I'm looking to start a Icewind Dale campaign every other Monday, at 7PM ET.  I've run this campaign before in its entirety, and have ideas about areas that I'd like to expand, and sections that'd I'd focus on less. I'm planning on running this as a difficult campaign - Icewind Dale is not a forgiving environment. Smart and well thought out play will give you a higher likelihood of success, but sometimes that may not even be enough. That being said, I don't plan on turning the difficulty up to a point in which the campaign isn't enjoyable. A description of the adventure: In Icewind Dale, adventure is a dish best served cold. Beneath the unyielding night sky, you stand before a towering glacier and recite an ancient rhyme, causing a crack to form in the great wall of ice. Beyond this yawning fissure, the Caves of Hunger await. And past this icy dungeon is a secret so old and terrifying that few dare speak of it. The mad wizards of the Arcane Brotherhood long to possess that which the god of winter’s wrath has so coldly preserved—as do you! What fantastic secrets and treasures are entombed in the sunless heart of the glacier, and what will their discovery mean for the denizens of Icewind Dale? Can you save Ten-Towns from the Frostmaiden’s everlasting night? Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden is a tale of dark terror that revisits the forlorn, flickering candlelights of civilization known as Ten-Towns and sheds light on the many bone-chilling locations that surround these frontier settlements. If you're interested in joining, please respond to this post with the following information: Your name, and preferred pronouns Discord Handle (e.g. name#1234 ) How long you've been playing D&D A character idea Hope to hear from you soon.
Name: Jack He/him Discord: Quob#3368 Dnd Experience: I've been playing 5e on and off over 5 years Character Idea: A barbarian with braids of ice and blood living on the meat of the land. He seeks victory through hardship. He seeks bloodshed.
Name is: Chris, he/him Handle is: sourrocketeer#3202 Been playing DnD: since highschool, but with long gaps between (I admit, I'll need to glance over the Handbook again). Character concept: perhaps a treasure hunter rogue (most familiar with this class)?    or a light domain cleric (only played a cleric once, kinda want another shot at it). Looked up a tiny bit about Rime to get some ideas on setting-friendly characters, but secrets seem to be an important theme so I prob shouldn't read any further. Would need to hash out my character a bit.

Edited 1664425154
Name:  Heir of Solaire, simply Heir or  Solaire will suffice. Discord:  HeirofSolaire#5845 DND Exp:  6 Years Character:  Heathcliff, Duergar, Rune Knight Fighter A Duergar obsessed with the Giants, their culture, and their runic languages; especially the magic involved in the language. A particularly eccentric Stone Giant that lived near Heathcliff's home become the dwarf's close friend. Through their friendship, Heathcliff learned a portion of the nature of the giant's runic language. Heathcliff's obsession drove him away from his home, and his friend. Clamoring to the surface, leaving the underdark, he now chases after the knowledge of the other giant species and their language. He has above ground for years now, failing to find much on the other giants. He has lost all connection to his kin, exchanging it for a loyalty to the surface dwellers. Who knows if he'll learn more about his obsession.
I've sent everyone here a request on discord. Still looking for 1-2 more!
Mark R.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Name: Mark he/Him Discord:  markrivett#4341 Dnd Experience:  Played nearly every edition of D&D on and off since the 80s.  Character Idea:  A human sorcerer native to the cold regions who seeks to tame the inhospitable coldness for the betterment of his people. Please note that my availability often starts at 8:00pm on weeknights due to child bedtime. I can be flexible with my partner's availability sometimes to jump on earlier.  
Name: Rob (he/him) Discord:  Adraxis#0381 How long you've been playing D&D: 39 years, but I've never played online Character Idea: Human fighter who is tracking the person who killed his parents.  The trail led him to Ten-Towns where it went cold (pun intended).  Now he finds himself out of money and out of hope as he just tries to survive.
Probably late but Name: George he/him Discord: Aster #3487 DND experience: better part of 4 years player and DM mix some experience with roll20 Character concept: Yuan-ti pureblood ranger orphan typically found themselves scavenging food and darting from shadow to shadow learning how to hunt by following the local huntsmen and learning to use nature to my advantage what little there is this far north