Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

'Jump to' for Maps

As someone with a lot of maps in my game flooding the page toolbar, I think it would be handy to have a button or setting that allows us to 'jump to' the map in the page toolbar which is currently open onscreen, without having to scroll and search. I don't know how easily this could be implemented but it would seem handy to me.  Similarly, I know there are many suggestions for map folders and the like elsewhere so I won't re-suggest those. Additionally, a right-click option or a hover option on the side of maps (such as where the duplicate page / delete page / page settings options are) to allow for a quick transfer of the player ribbon would be handy. As it is at the moment, dragging the player ribbon (which at least for me is slow and glitchy at the best of times) takes a lot of time when switching between maps that are not adjacent in the page toolbar. On many occasions the ribbon chooses not to place itself on the chosen map, or drops while dragging, putting players on unintended maps. With an option as above, I would be able to more freely find the intended map and with a single click, transfer the players, rather than a drag-and-drop feature that often doesn't work as intended. 
Although these are two different suggestions, I agree with both. I have many, many, maps in one of my games and moving the ribbon is a PITA. I have to hold down the mouse button while scrolling through the maps and, as the OP stated, this can be slow at the best of times. I'll also point out that the current method exacerbates carpal tunnel syndrome. :-)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .