Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spell Attacks and 'Trigger' Descriptions not showing basic things like "Target, Casting Time, Range, Components, the School, Duration."

Zym
Sheet Author
Hello, This question has probably been asked multiple times but I could not find the answer by searching the forums. I like the spell attack format rather than spellcard format, so adjusted known spells for a bard. So its easier to read on the go, during combat and to speed game play. However, upon doing this I noticed that the spell attack outputs were not showing basic things like "Target, Casting Time, Range, Components, the School, Duration."  You know the very basic information you want to look at when a spell is cast.  The only thing I can think is to copy and paste from an external source into the "Spell Save Outputs Effect Form". This seems really long winded for something you'd just expect to see. Thanks if you can help with an answer to my problem and perhaps give me a solution that would be awesome !

Edited 1664736735
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Zym! Do you not get that when you click "Show Spell Description" in the attack roll template?

Edited 1664738101
Zym
Sheet Author
Hello Keith, Nope :-() Thanks for the response I used shaped sheets before so a bit of adjusting to OGL
Zym
Sheet Author
This is basically what I want the output to have, and I've been copy pasting into excel and then into paint and then into imgur and then into the spell description to get this.  I just can't see why this is so long winded. The formatting of the Spell Attack looks better in design than the spell card
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, so when you say you " adjusted known spells for a bard", you mean you built custom macros? I.e. not just setting the spell to use one of the bult-in output options? If this is correct, can you paste the contents of a macro, or a screen shot of the spell on the character sheet in edit mode? I'm a little unclear on the details of the issue.

Edited 1664985696
Zym
Sheet Author
Hi Keith, No I didnt build custom macros. The chat outputs shown above are straight from.the sheet I will try to paste the content if the spell in edit mode
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you using the standard D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet? Those roll templates look very out of date. Compare your screen shot to mine and look at the corners.
Zym
Sheet Author
Yes I am using the OGL (Darker Dungeons)
Gauss
Forum Champion
Zym said: Yes I am using the OGL (Darker Dungeons) Just an FYI, the "D&D 5e (Darker Dungeons)" sheet is not the same as the "D&D 5e by Roll20" sheet

Edited 1664994144
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Zym said: Yes I am using the OGL (Darker Dungeons) Not really the OGL or by Roll20 sheet. That is a community created fork of the 5E by Roll20 sheet from 4 years ago (if I am looking at the correct listing on Github). 3rd try is a charm on the Link!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can't really help you then, sorry. I am not terribly familiar with that sheet. You'd need to contact the author, Giffyglyph , though it doesn't look like they have been active for 2-3 years. For future reference, if you include the name of the sheet you need help with, (especially if you put it in the subject line) you are far more likely to get the attention of folks who use that sheet and are familiar with it.
Zym
Sheet Author
Thank you Keith. It was a nice thought to want to assist
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good luck. I hop you find a way to resolve the issue.