Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Help, D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet

So I'm playing in a homebrew setting with a unique racial that I need to find a way to apply to my character sheet... So this kind of works like Jack of All Trade. Is there a way to add this to my character sheet? It adds to standard ability checks, initiative, and any skill check I lack prof. in.... Adaptability:   Whenever you make an ability check in which you lack proficiency, you add half your Intelligence Modifier to the roll. (this rounds down)
No body, eh? :(

Edited 1664858254
Elcarim said: No body, eh? :( [EDIT:  I think in retrospect this is not your solution.  It adds the int bonus/2 to all skill rolls, even those you have proficiency in, and doesn't add to initiative rolls.] You could do this:   /roll ceil(@{selected|intelligence_mod}/2) It's not super pretty, but the +1 shows up in skill rolls for my test subject: I'm sure someone else who is super smart will have a more elegant solution.
Yeah, already tried that, but as you said, it adds it to everything. It doesn't add to ability checks nor does it do so to Initiative. If there was a way to change Jack of All Trades to take the bonus from a stat vs proficiency bonus....
You can "edit" JOAT by messing with the ATTRIBUTE section of the 5e character sheet and I had some success with that, adding JOAT using the tick box and then changing "jack_attr" to read "+ @{intelligence_mod}/2" but that still doesn't affect Init and also obvs needs to be adjusted so you don't get 0.5 of anything, but I didn't persevere as it failed the Init requirement.  Unless anyone else can add to that?

Edited 1664902779
Gauss
Forum Champion
For Initiative you can add in the bonus manually via the settings cog. It will have to be updated every time the Intelligence bonus increases.  There is no place to add the floor(@{intelligence_mod}/2) for initiative that will work. 

Edited 1664926674
Simon G. That works for rolling Attributes directly which is a good start (though it looks ugly lol), but doesn't do anything for skill checks, it seems. For skill checks I lack prof. in, it continues to still only add half my prof. bonus
Gauss
Forum Champion
Elcarim said: Simon G. That works for rolling Attributes directly which is a good start (though it looks ugly lol), but doesn't do anything for skill checks, it seems. There is not going to be a one size fits all solution here. You will need 3 solutions, Ability checks, Skill checks, and Initiative.