Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Automatically Assign Macros to Quick Bar for Players?

Nick O.
Forum Champion
Hey Everyone I was curious if there was a mod out there that could enable the macro quick bar for a player or group of players, and automatically assign a macro to it? (I'd prefer not to make it a token action, and I'd like this because I'm going to be gaming with some folks who are new to Roll20 and I want to automate as much of the setup for them).  Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As far as I know, you have to be that player in order to affect your macro quickbar settings. I don't think you can do it for someone else, even with Mod scripting. The closest I can think of is setting up a macro as a universal Token Action, but that's not quite the same.

Edited 1665965880
Kofi
Pro
That would great I hope someone knows of such a mod.  I too have some newer players and am working to make "easy" buttons for them.  What I am doing is putting the Macros into their Abilities so that each one only shows up for that individual character.  
Unfortunately the option to add a macro to the Macrobar is not accessible to Mod scripts. You can see the attributes that are available for macros  here .
Nick O.
Forum Champion
Thanks for the insight, all.