Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TokenMod bug with Target and IDS Permissions

Edited 1666558094
I've encountered the API bug when using @{target|...} in my ability/macro.  The token is deselected, regardless of the order of the commands.  I read in the help that this is known: WARNING:  Because of a Roll20 bug with @{target|} and the API, you must specify the tokens you want to change using  --ids  when using @{target|}. My macro works fine with --ids, but the DM doesn't want to enable the setting that allows players to use the --ids command.  It seems that the permission for the --ids command is in the wrong place, to me.  I'm wondering if the API script can be modified such that any player can specify a token via --ids, but whose actions will be rejected if the token isn't owned by the player.  I think that would involve moving the check from detecting the -ids command to instead at determining that the requester is a player and checking whether he or she owns the token.  Is this possible?

Edited 1666563876
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If a player owns the token, they can just select the token and use a token-mod macro. Is there a particular reason you can't just select the token you want to apply the change to? It's the same number of clicks (or potentially less) than a target command.
When your ability includes the @{target|...} as well, it deselects the token (which I think is a Roll20 bug). Then the TokenMod command no longer uses the selected token as the one to modify (as it has been deselected).  In fact, nothing is selected at that point.   I suppose an alternative is to have another way to identify the token, such as --name or --token, which allows players to specify a token, and only executes if the player owns the token.

Edited 1666580727
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
See the TokenMod thread... I just wrote up a post on using SelectManager to select the token virtually: {&select @{selected|token_id} }