Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ideas for Scripts

Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Hiya, I have been a bit bored and figured I'd make this post. Here I would like to ask you guys to just post your Ideas for Scripts that you would like to see. If possible, I will try to make the most liked ideas. Of course, any of the other Scripters can also grab Ideas from here ;) Thanks for your time ^^
Make an object follow another object, even when in another layer, maintaining relative distance. Ideally, you seperately toggle X-axis, Y-axis, Z-axis (if lead oject is sent to another layer, followers should move there as well) and rotation. Tokens, drawings and Line of sigh barriers could all be controlled this way.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A scrip that aligns and distribute items on the VTT. Quickly make formations, arrange tokens in a circle, space them evenly, etc. Ideally should align/distrbute one tope, middles, bottoms, left and right edges. Would be useful for: quickly laying down tiles Distributing columns or statues on map layer making formations for enemies or wargames making token pages such as those found in modules. align spell effects Bonus if it could step and repeat: select one object, say "make five copies spaced horizontally" or "make 8 copies surrounding the selection."
A script that connects dynamic lighting lines with a token or image - Would make it so that you could use map tiles for a modular dungeon and rotate them or move them and have the DL lines also rotate or move at the same time Could be used for spell effects or large monsters that could block vision when they are in front of characters.