Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Action Maker - Will not make token actions...

Edited 1666749235
Hi All Is anyone else having issues with Token Action Maker?? I have a new campaign and characters created on the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet, and have also tested on NPCs / Monsters from compendium. I run !ta on the selected tokens, get no errors and it indicates a success...but no Token Macros appear. Any help would be appreciated.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Double-checking: have you clicked away from the token and re-selected after running the !ta command? The button graphics don't get rendered until you select again. Do the abilities show up in the attributes and abilities tab of the character sheet?
Hey David Yeah I clicked off and back on.... and there appears to be no change to the attributes and abilities tab :( I have used the api before, but not for a few months, and I have noticed quite a few differences to Roll20 (Like the character sheets new buttons for updating tokens etc), I wonder if its only recently broken??

Edited 1666765001
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ben! Are you using the version from One Click? I just tested on a brand new game, using only the One Click script and got all token actions to appear. Even if they changed some things on the sheet, they would likely need to have changed everything on the sheet, since the script pulls from multiple places. Some things to check: 1) Make sure that other scripts are active and running. Make sure the sandbox is running. It should say "TokenAction v0.3.7 is ready!  Designed for use with the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 character sheet!" in the log. 2) Verify that you are using the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet, and not the Shaped Sheet, Darker Dungeons or other sheet. 3) Create a brand new test game and see if you are getting the same problem there. 4) Try in a private browsing window to eliminate any browser extensions like VTTES or Beyond20. 5) check the character sheet to make sure nothing about it looks odd, like values not filled in or missing attributes.
Hey Kiethcurtis Firstly thanks for your response :) I checked all the original campaigns settings... one of the other mods I installed must have broken it somehow.... I have now set up and tested a new campaign and it works (Only mod I have installed at moment) and even imported across the characters that wouldnt work and they now do in new one. This leads me to a question.... What other Mods should I run, do you know of any that cause issues? Or should I just install and see what breaks it as I go?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ben S. said: What other Mods should I run, do you know of any that cause issues? Or should I just install and see what breaks it as I go? Glad you got it working! (Actually, super glad, since that means I don't have to dive in and fix my horrific code). I'm not aware of any script in particular that has a conflict with it. I haven't seen any reports of such, either. Unfortunately, when searching for script conflicts, the method you mention is really the only way. You can turn off half at a time and test that way, and it's a little faster. I wish Roll20 gave you a better interface with check boxes for bulk (de)activation.