Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Init and Advantage

I was wondering if there was a way to add advantage to certain characters for rolling initiative with Group Init.  I have several characters in my group that have advantage on it now so they're always rolling a second time and then I have to update the tracker.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Johnny Meatshield said: I was wondering if there was a way to add advantage to certain characters for rolling initiative with Group Init.  I have several characters in my group that have advantage on it now so they're always rolling a second time and then I have to update the tracker. If you are using the 5e by Roll20 character sheet click the "cog" next to spells. Then in the middle column, near the top, find "Initiative Style" and switch it to Advantage. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It kind of depends.  The 5e sheet doesn't provide the full roll formula attribute like the Shaped Sheet does, so changes on the sheet won't necessarily be propagated to the configuration in GroupInitiative. There isn't a way to do that with the 5e sheet and GroupInitiative.  I should really look into doing that.
If you could that would be great.  Not a huge thing as they can always roll and double check and make changes and whatnot but it would be easier.