Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Scripts not Working

Despite many attempts at restarting, disabling things, etc.  I can't get anything to run.  I did get this message in the API "beyond: repeating_attack__atkprofflag = (@{pb})" I'm wondering if that is it?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Two things to try: 1) Disable your character sheet and see if it starts up.  The Mod Sandbox also runs all the Character Sheet Sheet Workers, so if there is a serious enough error in them, it can torpedo the Mod Sandbox with strange errors (or even no errors).  You can also look at the Javascript Console from the browser when loading the game and see if there are errors, but it can be hard to know what to look for there. 2) Copy your Game and see if it will start up in the copy.  You'll have to manually copy the scripts (they don't copy with the game), but if that works, there could be some innate problem with your game that isn't obvious or easily fixed. 
Thank you, I'll try that!
OK, nothing worked, but I might need to clarify.  The game starts, but nothing in the chat works.  It actually looks like some scripts work, but anything that requires typing or a macro, does not, as nothing seems to show up in chat.  Beyond20 doesn't work.  Rolling dice in Roll20 doesn't work...
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
That sounds like a corrupted chat archive.  Have you tried deleting it from the drop down on the game launch/details page?
I thought the same, after realizing this might not be a script.  I have cleared the chat but that didn't work.  I'll try from the Launch page!
It worked!  Thank you for the suggestion!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Dr.DM said: I thought the same, after realizing this might not be a script.  I have cleared the chat but that didn't work.  I'll try from the Launch page! Clearing chat in game only hides things that were already in your view in chat.  It doesn't remove anything.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Linkies: A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.