Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sanity doesn't show up in Sheets even after 'Applying Default Settings'

Originally my DnD 5e game wasn't gonna have Sanity, but I added it later. The sheets however refuse to show the new option even after I checkmark Sanity on the Game Settings and then go under the drop down Mischellaneous menu and click Apply to Default. There is a popup that says 'Applied yada yada' and then I go and check and its not there?? So strange. New sheets I make have it. So I'm not sure why its refusing to add them? 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Some questions: Which browser are you using?  Have you tried a different browser?  Have you cleared your cache?  Are you using any extensions? 
Gauss said: Some questions: Which browser are you using?  Have you tried a different browser?  Have you cleared your cache?  Are you using any extensions?  1. Chrome at first. I took your suggestions and tried Edge. Nothing changed. 2. I cleared my cache on Chrome, relogged in, retried going to Game Settings. Interestingly enough a box pops up in the Game Settings after I click 'apply settings' that says WARNING THIS WILL IMPACT ALL TOKENS....etc etc.' And I click apply again and it makes a lil stutter and supposedly "applies" but nothing changes when I go to check. Now every new character sheet has it applied. It just can't apply to old ones. Not a HUGE deal cuz they're all level 2 but just annoying.  3. I am not using any extensions that would mess with it but I am using some. Netflix Teleparty and an Audio Capture system and a Youtube Enhancer. My Ublock Origin is turned off for Roll20. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
As for extensions, there can be some weird interactions. I suggest trying Incognito mode on Chrome, see if it happens that way.  I tested it for myself and it did apply to the character sheets properly.  Could you screenshot your "Apply Default Settings" and the settings page for your game? 
   Tried doing it in Incognito. Nothing changed. :/ 
Wait... Would having a Macro written on Ability checks impact it showing up maybe? 
Gauss
Forum Champion
No, could you screenshot your character sheet fully? I only see the top half. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Liam! One thing to make sure is that you gave it enough time to affect all existing characters. The progress bar is extremely thin and easy to miss.
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I tried this out in one of my test-games,. The sanity option didn't appear in the already created characters, in a new one, it looked like this:
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It also didn't appear after level up. So this would need to be set at the beginning (even if not enabled).
Gauss
Forum Champion
In my testing Sanity showed up after applying it, it showed up on the core page.  Ralph, can you show the screenshot of the core page? Same character as the Custom Class screenshot please.  Oddly, I am having a different issue with Sanity, it won't go away permanently.  In my testing of Sanity I was able to turn it on, but after I turned it off it would come back sometime later.  Additionally there is no sanity setting in the character sheet. Other campaign details settings have a corresponding setting on the sheet. 
keithcurtis said: Hi Liam! One thing to make sure is that you gave it enough time to affect all existing characters. The progress bar is extremely thin and easy to miss. Wow, I feel like an idiot. Thank you very much! I can't believe I missed that hahaha.