Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Changing avatar as player do not work anymore

Usually, I can have main pic for my accont, and then in different games I can set up character pics and select it under chat. After selecting, my mini changed for all players. In my old games its still working, but in my own game it do not. I tryed as GM and log in as player. Both do not work. For my players also is not working. I checked it on two browsers: 1. Opera GX newest version 2. Chrome  107.0.5304.107   Both have  Beyond 20 and adblock plus
Gauss
Forum Champion
It is working for me in my games.  Since it is working for some of your games but not all, it may be a setting issue. Which Audio/Video option are you using?
First I set up setting: Chat tech: none (no vid/no audio). And when diferent avatars was not working, then I set up this same from the game where it was working: &nbsp; <a href="https://ibb.co/QX0b8rD" rel="nofollow">https://ibb.co/QX0b8rD</a> And its still not working &gt;&lt;
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
To my knowledge, the "As:&nbsp; ==&gt; select Token" only shows the picture when you don't use video. Even then it can become confusing if people choose the same Display_Name in the settings as the Character-Name. In this case the "As:" would give you two identical choices. It's worth mentioning tha the Display_Name (in the settings) is per game; the default will be set to your name from the roll20-homepage (Account-setting).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ralph said: To my knowledge, the "As:&nbsp; ==&gt; select Token" only shows the picture when you don't use video. Even then it can become confusing if people choose the same Display_Name in the settings as the Character-Name. In this case the "As:" would give you two identical choices. It's worth mentioning tha the Display_Name (in the settings) is per game; the default will be set to your name from the roll20-homepage (Account-setting). i run into this issue all the time. i have to make sure to choose the right name (token, not player) to get the avatar to update. A subtle difference in spelling or capitalization usually helps distinguish the two. In one game I play, my player name is "Jasper Graves", but my token name is "Jasper".
I created new game with all this same settings, and I can select different token and it changes without a problem. Coming back to this bugged game, it do not work. It never changes - do not matter what I choose in&nbsp; "As:&nbsp; ==&gt; select Token". I even added test characters to check it out. It just do not work.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Your best bet then, is to file a&nbsp; Help Center Request .