Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tasha's and Artificer integration?

Hi all, Sorry if this has already been asked here! I've been trying to search the forums to figure it out, but I haven't had any luck - I did find this post:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9503452/tashas-cauldron-of-everything-add-ins/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9503452/tashas-cauldron-of-everything-add-ins/?pagenum=1</a> I'm getting ready to run a game in a steampunk setting, and I know one of my players wants to roll an Artificer. I can see Tasha's is in the free account compendium, but I don't see any way to roll an Artificer character, and when I go into the game settings it looks like Tasha's is actually something I have to purchase? Trying to figure out if there's something I'm missing or doing wrong, or if it's not workable at the moment to roll an Artificer without doing it manually. (Not sure how that would go trying to add class features?) Thanks in advance!

Edited 1668363464
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi joel! Compendium sharing is a generous feature, but can be kind of confusing. A compendium source can only be used for charactermancer, in a game created by someone who owns the compendium source. I.e. If you own Tasha's and create a 5e Compendium game, you can easily create a character using Tasha assets. If you turn on compendium sharing in that game, then players in the game can also&nbsp; create characters using Tasha assets. Tasha's is not in the free assets. If you are seeing it in your online Compendium, but have not purchased it, the greatest likelihood is that you are in a game that a Tasha's owner created and turned on compendium sharing for. This allows you to reference Tasha's both in their game, and on the web interface. It does not allow you to use it in games you create. For that, you must purchase your own copy. In summary, if you want to use Tasha's assets in a game you create, you will need to purchase a copy. However, nothing stops you from creating anything manually with cut and paste or just plain typing.
Aha, that explains it. I see it in my "bookshelf," and I'm guessing my GM for a game I was in owns it. Thanks Keith!