Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Causing Audio Skips

Hi there and thanks for stopping to read this quick ask for help. Like the title implies I'm experiencing some kind of strange bug when in a dynamically lit map and another player, the dm, or myself, moves a token my audio from all sources cuts out and back in extremely briefly. At first it was pretty harmless but as more players moved around more frequently it became rapid fire audio skips. The only way I've found to stop this is to disable hardware acceleration on my Google Chrome. But doing so causes the game to become unbearably laggy. I've tried swapping to Firefox and found the issue was FAR worse on that browser. I tried disabling hardware acceleration on Firefox aswell and it changed nothing. I've done quite a bit of digging around and cant come up with anything. Before asking my DM to disable the dynamic lighting for me altogether, as I really like the feature, I figured I'd come here to see if anyone had a similar experience or could offer some advice.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Dice! I haven't seen this issue reported before, so I don't have any direct advice. It might be helpful to gather a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) from when the problem occurs and file a  Help Center Request . That might give the dev team some insight as to what is going on.