Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account

Add-ons not applying Game Settings

Is there a way to apply the Game Settings to your add-ons? I setup everything in my Game Settings the way I wanted but when I uploaded the add-on it didnt apply any of the settings from my game settings. Is there a way to do that?
1669072462
Try the apply default setting button and see if that fixes it.
Wouldnt that just apply the default settings? I'm trying to apply my custom settings.
1669086195

Edited 1669086230
Gauss
Forum Champion
DM Deadman said: Wouldnt that just apply the default settings? I'm trying to apply my custom settings. When you set your settings in the Campaign Details page you can force the elements of your game (with varying success) to adopt those settings by going into the game, selecting "My Settings", then "Miscellaneous", then "Apply Default Settings".  The "default" here is the settings you have set up to be the default settings. 
Hmmm, it kind of worked. I have it setup so that Bar3(Red) is the HP but when I ran the  Apply Default Settings it placed it in Bar1(Green). 
1669143884
Gold
Forum Champion
DM Deadman said: Hmmm, it kind of worked. I have it setup so that Bar3(Red) is the HP but when I ran the  Apply Default Settings it placed it in Bar1(Green).  double-check what you have under Campaign Details webpage > dropdown menu "Game Settings" > Game Default Settings.  When you click "Game Default Settings" here a larger section of Options opens up. That section has its own Save button. A lot of times I change the settings but forget to press the proper Save button, so when I go back and look again, my intended Defaults were not saved afterall.  Double-check that, then do the Gauss method again. That should fix it. Alternative approach, if that doesn't fix it, or just a whole different way to do it, since you have PRO you can use API Mods. The one called tokenmod can quickly resolve Bar-settings on massive collections of Tokens like this.  It's going to be a lot more than 1 click, but it's really powerful and can save you much time compared to manually changing them one-by-one.
1669146954
Gauss
Forum Champion
One other note, I have run into an issue where token changes are only being applied to the current page you are on. Make sure that isn't what is happening for you, or do it page by page. 
Gold said: DM Deadman said: Hmmm, it kind of worked. I have it setup so that Bar3(Red) is the HP but when I ran the&nbsp; Apply Default Settings it placed it in Bar1(Green).&nbsp; double-check what you have under Campaign Details webpage &gt; dropdown menu "Game Settings" &gt; Game Default Settings.&nbsp; When you click "Game Default Settings" here a larger section of Options opens up. That section has its own Save button. A lot of times I change the settings but forget to press the proper Save button, so when I go back and look again, my intended Defaults were not saved afterall.&nbsp; Double-check that, then do the Gauss method again. That should fix it. Alternative approach, if that doesn't fix it, or just a whole different way to do it, since you have PRO you can use API Mods. The one called tokenmod can quickly resolve Bar-settings on massive collections of Tokens like this.&nbsp; It's going to be a lot more than 1 click, but it's really powerful and can save you much time compared to manually changing them one-by-one. Here is what my current settings look like,&nbsp; <a href="https://imgur.com/a/o2hsglm" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/o2hsglm</a> And here is how the preset tokens changed,&nbsp; <a href="https://imgur.com/a/jOckFhU" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/jOckFhU</a> The health should be in the red bar, but for some reason it went to green...
1669160999

Edited 1669161769
Gauss
Forum Champion
DM Deadman said: Gold said: DM Deadman said: Hmmm, it kind of worked. I have it setup so that Bar3(Red) is the HP but when I ran the&nbsp; Apply Default Settings it placed it in Bar1(Green).&nbsp; double-check what you have under Campaign Details webpage &gt; dropdown menu "Game Settings" &gt; Game Default Settings.&nbsp; When you click "Game Default Settings" here a larger section of Options opens up. That section has its own Save button. A lot of times I change the settings but forget to press the proper Save button, so when I go back and look again, my intended Defaults were not saved afterall.&nbsp; Double-check that, then do the Gauss method again. That should fix it. Alternative approach, if that doesn't fix it, or just a whole different way to do it, since you have PRO you can use API Mods. The one called tokenmod can quickly resolve Bar-settings on massive collections of Tokens like this.&nbsp; It's going to be a lot more than 1 click, but it's really powerful and can save you much time compared to manually changing them one-by-one. Here is what my current settings look like,&nbsp; <a href="https://imgur.com/a/o2hsglm" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/o2hsglm</a> And here is how the preset tokens changed,&nbsp; <a href="https://imgur.com/a/jOckFhU" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/jOckFhU</a> The health should be in the red bar, but for some reason it went to green... That group of settings only applies to Tokens when they are dragged from the compendium. Not tokens in the game.&nbsp; This way tokens pulled from the compendium matches how you have your tokens set up in the game without you having to change them every time.&nbsp; My suggestion:&nbsp; Go to the NPC's character sheet, edit the token from there. Then hit "Apply Token Defaults" to all tokens in the game for the sheet. Repeat.&nbsp;
1669180490
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
An issue you might be running into is default tokens. Default tokens are like a little file of settings that are unaffected by changing the settings page and applying new defaults. That process updates tokens placed on the table, but does not affect default tokens. Applying settings (and waiting for that thin, easy-to-miss progress bar to resolve will fix tokens on maps, or subsequent additions only. Dragging a creature from the compendium should obey the new settings if there is not already such a creature in the game. Otherwise, it will only place an instance of the default token for that character. This is intentional, to prevent a compendium drag from overwriting home brew changes.
Well damn, wish there was an option for apllying to the tokens on the map already, thanks anyways
1669215927
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
DM Deadman said: Well damn, wish there was an option for apllying to the tokens on the map already, thanks anyways My wall of text there might have been a little confusing. Tokens on maps should be affected. It's default tokens that are not.
I did that though...
1669226118
Gold
Forum Champion
DM Deadman said: Well damn, wish there was an option for apllying to the tokens on the map already, thanks anyways TokenMod API "Mod" script could do this, but it has a Learning Curve. Have you ever used any API Mods? As PRO you can
1669244637
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gauss just reminded me which settings you were changing. I mis-spoke earlier. Changes made on the "Token Settings" section of the Settings Page will propagate to tokens placed onto the VTT. Changes made in the"Sheet Settings"&nbsp; section of the Settings Page will not. Those will only affect future compendium drags.