Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Something wrong with rolls and chat

Edited 1669330467
I was just apprised of this problem by one of my players and turns out they were right--when they were testing rolls from their character sheet in Roll20, or typing in chat, they could not see them appear in the chat. It was as if the rolls and the chat were not working. Meanwhile, I could see their rolls just fine. THEY couldn't.  The rolls also appeared in the chat archive (for both of us), but not the chat itself. I tested it for my own rolls and it was the same thing. I would click the buttons and NOTHING came up in the chat. But they were there when I looked in the chat archives! Even things I typed in the chat were not appearing (for me), but they were there in the archives. This obviously makes it impossible to play or run a game. Has anyone else had this problem? What I see in the chat box: But what I see in the archive: All the rolls and text I added to the game are appearing in the archive only. They are not showing up in the chat.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I suggest clearing the chat (Campaign Details page in settings). That may resolve the problem.
Yes, that seems to have done the trick, thanks Gauss said: I suggest clearing the chat (Campaign Details page in settings). That may resolve the problem.