Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

View Purchased Modules w/o making a game

Is there a way to do this?  I purchased several Call of Cthulhu modules in a bundle and I am sifting through them to figure out which I want to include in a small campaign, but the only way I can find to view the content is to create a game.  Is there another option?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Probably not.  Most likely, the adventure information will be in handouts, which are only viewable once a game is created.  Once you have created a game, you should be able to view handout content through the external journal without actually needing to log into the game. The only way you could view adventure content without making a game would be if the adventure outline/text is part of compendium content, and I don't think they are usually set up that way.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, the adventure text was included in some very early module conversions until it was realized that this would allow players to read the material. Nowadays, that stuff is carefully separated. The good news is that accounts have no limit on the number of games that can be created. It doesn't take anything from your storage quota.
I create a reference game for each add on/module with a special prefix. Make sure to name each game properly, as you might end up with many games (i have 20 pages with reference games).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I do similar. Another tip is to make careful use of the tagging system. I use keywords like module, addon, reference, backup, library, utility, [system], [sheet], hosted, API, and more. Good lord, I just counted. I have over 400 games.
That's a good idea Keith.  I have not really started using tags yet as I only have one "game" that is actually being played in (all the rest as playgrounds for me LOL)