Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I'm looking for a good 5E module to introduce Noobs to 5E

I have several people of various ages and interests that would like a decent introduction to 5E. I'm looking for one that is more of Star Trek away team investigation rather than Seal Team Six murder hobo. But nothing too complex so that it interferes with them learning the system. Some combat, maybe some spying, finding/arresting the thief, etc... We would be playing on Roll20 so one already made up on the system is ideal. I am limited on my time to make up the maps and NPC sheets and all. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Rime of the Frostmaiden might work for your purposes.  It starts out with a variety of introductory mini-adventures to get the PCs used to the area.  Based on memory, one of the starting missions has no combat at all, one is a bit of a whodunit, some are more combat focused. -Adam
Thanks for the info.  I might give that one a try. I was hoping for something a bit shorter than 12 levels for their intro in case they don't all like it though.

Edited 1670159928
Gauss
Forum Champion
I would suggest any of the starter adventures.  Additionally, I find Sunless Citadel (levels 1-3) to be an excellent starter. I've been using it for awhile now for my newbie groups. However, it is probably more combat oriented than what you are looking for. 
Mark said: Thanks for the info.  I might give that one a try. I was hoping for something a bit shorter than 12 levels for their intro in case they don't all like it though. There are Several Adventures explicitly designed for this Purpose. They are: Lost Mine of Phandelver Dragon of Icespire Peak Dragons of Stormwreck Isle Sunless Citadel