Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Purchased modules

I I start a game using one module, can I later add a second module to the same game, or do I have to create a new game and transfer the characters over?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Add-ons can be added to existing games, while full modules would need to be created in a second game.  One reason for this is to keep the games from getting too big for the system to handle.  In short, yes you will need to use the Character Vault (Plus/Pro) or the Transmogrifier (Pro) to move the characters. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Shem! Modules can only be used to create a game; they cannot be added to existing games. This is by design, to keep users from creating unmanageably large games. Addons can be added to existing games, and they are typically much smaller. Their main resources (journals) can also be reasonably easily removed as well, since they are typically contained in a top level folder. Pro users have access to the Transmogrifier, making moving assets between games easier, but this is not a solution for moving an entire module. Basically, create a new game and move the characters. You'll wind up with a much more efficient and responsive game.
That's what I figured. Just wanted to be sure.