Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Character Sheet Available Outside of the Game Interface

It would be nice to be able to access & edit Character Sheets outside of the game interface. Example: to be able to make updates in-between game sessions for updates etc.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Just a note: you can enter the campaign between game sessions to edit your character sheet.

Edited 1409019330
Gold
Forum Champion
Being able to edit the sheet outside of Roll20 would be nice. You can already make updates in-between game sessions though --- as your players can enter your game room anytime they like & work on their sheets. It is not necessary for the GM to be online, for the game room & character sheets to be accessible. You are right they can't complete this task offline or outside of Roll20, though, in the way it currently works. EDIT: Oops I was typing at the same time Gauss already answered it

Edited 1409020548
@Gauss & Gold Yes and the point is to access the sheet outside of the game interface so as not to have to deal with all of that game interface stuff. I was on the bus today and I wanted to make some updates but I was using my iPad and the in-game interface is buggy, never-mind the fact that the CS is in a pop-up window inside the game interface. I was not really able to effectivly access the sheet nor make updates.
Gauss
Forum Champion
It sounds like the problem is more that the game interface is buggy when using your tablet. You may want to file a bug report so that the Devs can improve the tablet's game interface.
I agree with this idea for two reasons: 1) Often I don't want to load the whole interface (slow on old computers). 2) The character sheets and handouts are restricted to the game window. This is awkward as it covers the game board. I would like to be able to alt-tab to various things without opening/closing them all the time. Thus it would be nice to be able to see characters and/or handouts from a separate window.
Ethan H. said: 2) The character sheets and handouts are restricted to the game window. This is awkward as it covers the game board. I would like to be able to alt-tab to various things without opening/closing them all the time. Thus it would be nice to be able to see characters and/or handouts from a separate window. While I totally agree with you, there is a workaround I use. Just open a new browser tab or window and login to roll20. You can now open character sheets and whatnot in the separate browser window, even drag said browser window into a new monitor (or use it from a totally separate computer or tablet). The only problem is that I suspect this workaround effectively doubles Roll20's server load, but it does work, and maybe soon the devs will give us a way to have sheets pop up and be out of window movable without this hack.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Just a reminder, you can minimize the character sheet by double clicking on the white space at the top of the sheet.
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Accessing the sheets outside of the game UI would be extremely helpful and appreciated. Sometimes I want, as a GM, to look through the whole party's sheets to do some stuff. As nice as the game UI is, it's a cumbersome system to have to require "playing" the game to look at a character sheet.
One option would be to grant access to character sheets via a new option aka: Sheets, that would attach to your account, as long as you are apart of that game you can access the sheet. This would simply be a new webpage catagory for roll20.