Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Doors are good. Snapping to grid would be even better. A hotkey to hold and place vertical.

Score + 46
If we could hold Shift to snap the doors to the grid when placing and when adjusting the handles that would be much easier to use. If we can hold ctrl or alt while placing to switch from horizontal to vertical placement that'd be divine. Thanks
+1 for the snapping feature for both doors AND windows!
+1.  Super annoying the Devs didn't think about this.  Some of my maps have literally 100 doors.  The ability to have a door snap to grid would be phenomenal.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It isn't that they didn't think of it, but that it isn't implemented yet. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11233594/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11233594/</a>
+1 for the vertical/horizontal orientation hotkey.
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
Here is how you can get a door to snap to the grid. Place the door. Move the endpoints on top of the grid intersection that you want it to snap to. It doesn't need to be perfect, but the dot should cover the intersection. (I'm not sure exactly how close it needs to be). Go to the dynamic lighting layer, and draw a line which snaps to grid on the same intersection as the door endpoint. The door endpoint should move to meet the end of that line. This is a bit of a pain, and I support the idea, but this is an inconvenient fix (which I hope will only be needed temporarily).
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
It turns out that snapping to the grid is a lot simpler than the steps that in my last post. Just go to the Dynamic Lighting layer, hold down SHIFT, and right-click on one of a door's endpoints. This will cause both endpoints to snap to the nearest grid intersection.
Stephen C. said: It turns out that snapping to the grid is a lot simpler than the steps that in my last post. Just go to the Dynamic Lighting layer, hold down SHIFT, and right-click on one of a door's endpoints. This will cause both endpoints to snap to the nearest grid intersection. THANK YOU!!!
+1 for grid snapping. +1 for the vertical/horizontal orientation hotkey. that being said LOVING The doors. It's been a huge hit for my players
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
+1 for vertical/horizontal switch on a hotkey like cmnd/control.&nbsp; Personally I think door handles should be placed like dynamic lighting walls. First click sets first point, second click the end point. Then the door is done. Easy peasy. Could perhaps also hold a shortcut key to have it snap to grid, and another shortcut key to change orientation. Or easier yet, just have it tied to the scroll wheel, or be a clickable setting in the door tool to change to horizontal or vertical. Overall the door tool needs a lot of improvement still.
Definitely need a built in rotation option for the doors and windows. There should also be a snapping option that happens when you *place* the door or window that aligns to nearest end points automatically.&nbsp; This is so annoying it makes me want to only place doors in windows in the default direction!