Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[AAFX] Not working anymore ?

Hi ! I've been trying to use the AAFX script but it seems like it doesn't work anymore. Am I doing something wrong ? Here is the error I get when creating an emitter : TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at fader (apiscript.js:11371:36) at Timeout.<anonymous> (apiscript.js:11383:21) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:554:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:497:7)

Edited 1671841722
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Oh another one of mine... I haven't looked at it in a while, and this one was never up to full bulletproof status... I'll prowl through the code and see what's up.  Based on what I'm looking at, it may not be "getting" an emitter, probably after it's removed from the faderList...  delete faderList [ emitterid ] ; So it looks like it's trying to process a fader that's already removed. I'm not sure how to "fix" that as I'm not sure how it's currently being used. The faders are mainly used to transition from one volume level to another on move.  The emitter ID is used because it establishes a unique ID for each emitter and consequently the fader. Each emitter (currently) should only have one fader controlling a shift in volume.  ...and testing my old copy, it seems to be working...  Getting some weird bugs regarding sounds not starting up again once they've been ended a first time unless you manually start them playing... All in all, it's in a severely unfinished state, unfortunately - I'd have to revisit it to try and get it working and working reliably. 

Edited 1671845242
Damn, this is one of the best scripts I've ever seen on Roll20 honestly Also for how it's being used, I just created an emitter and chose a sound effect, that's it. No sound came out of the emitter, I tried to tinker with the aura but nothing changes that, could it be on the gm nor player side the emitter was just doing nothing Since I'm working on a post-apocalyptic campaign where immersion is the key feature, having space-based sound was a gift from the gods frankly Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is it just broken on my side ?
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
They've changed a few things around about sound since this was written - I can try it out in a new game, it still needs quite a bit of love to be really what it needs to be. I'll try it out - when are you planning to use it next? 
Alright ! Around mid-january I'd say
Hi again! Any news about it ?
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
I've been trying it out, it appears there are some quirks with the Roll20 player, the list of available tracks is not always accurate. I'm not sure how to update it to "fix" that - it was never released as a "final" application, I can ask for some assistance, but previously the troubleshooting didn't come to any fruiting. 
I see :( I hope you'll figure it out this time, tell me if I can be of any help!
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Well, several new ones are returning a continuing value of "zero" for volume when they should be not emitting, I'll be troubleshooting them tonight to see if I can find out why they're malfunctioning instead of outright breaking.