Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

D&D 5e character sheet by roll20: melee/ranged spell attacks no longer works

I think the title explains the problem by itself. Until a couple of days ago everything worked fine but today when I went in to update the character sheet of some npc's I realized that for all the spells (entered manually or taken from the compendium) instead of performing the d20 roll to hit in chat it sent the damage directly . I noticed that the character sheet has been updated so maybe the problem could be originating from that but if not, does anyone have a solutions? Excuse my bad english but it's not my first language.
We are also seeing this tonight in our game.  When casting a spell from the Spell tab, the attack only rolls damage.  If you cast the spell from the Attacks & Spellcasting section on the Core tab, it works as expected (attack roll/save DC + damage).
Having a similar issue; PC repeating attacks are not generating "to hit" rolls in chat, only "damage" rolls.

Edited 1672888996
I also noticed spells damage would not post in tonight's session.  D&D 5e, using Roll20 sheet, specific spell was Toll the Dead.  Damage dice were indicated, but no damage was posted to chat.  Hover cursor over where the damage number should have been did not reveal any formula. -Adam
It seems to be that if you click the same Spells name from Attacks under "Core" it works but if you click it from the Spells directly it does not work. Tested this in a game without any mods or API's on with the Cantrip Fire Bolt dragged directly from the Compendium. Other spells seems to act exactly the same.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have confirmed the issue and reported. Help Center Request
I decided to try Fire Bolt and both NPC and PC had this. Hopefully it's a quick fix.
A major bug that makes attack spells difficult to use. Hoping for a quick fix.
I have the same problem with the npc's in my game. I fill the data of the spells in the space that corresponds, placing the data where they should go when the output is in attack, but in the chat the value of the attack of the npc's spell is not shown. This affects in a negative way the use of the npc's character sheets, please, I ask you to check this bug, so that it can be solved as soon as possible. Thanks for your attention
Gauss
Forum Champion
This should be fixed, if it persists please let us know. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Gauss, I missed this thread.
Seems to be fixed for me, thanks Roll20. Although side note, I reported this to Help Center and got a reply directing me to get help from the API forum. Not a great response.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's weird. Sounds like a misunderstanding of the issue from support. Maybe they misread and thought you were asking for support on a script?