Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

BUG: Players can see through secret doors

Edited 1673204879
Bug Summary The new doors features is awesome. Unfortunately secret doors have a fatal bug. Players can see through them. Detailed description of the problem The players press their token up against a closed secret door they can see through it. Regular doors (not secret) do not seem to have this problem. Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Add a secret door to a map Log in as player Move player token up against secret door Description of setup Browser + Version Chrome  Version 108.0.5359.124 (Official Build) (arm64) Browser Addons/Extensions No addon conflicts Operating System Mac OS Ventura 13.1 LOCKED CLOSED SECRET DOORS ADDED TO MAP PLAYER IN ROOM PLAYER PRESSING AGAINST SECRET DOOR #1 - CAN SEE THROUGH DOOR PLAYER PRESSING AGAINST SECRET DOOR #2 - CAN SEE THROUGH DOOR
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Thruster! I have also reported this bug. It is being worked on currently. Question: was your grid cell size set to 1? I have only seen this behavior where the  grid cell size is set to 0.5.

Edited 1673204787
Thank you for your reply. I can confirm duplicating the map and changing the cell width from 0.5 to 1.0 did indeed "solve" the issue of players being able to see through locked secret doors. However, it's not a useful workaround. We're playing a purchased Waterdeep Dragon Heist module. The default and correct cell width is 0.5. Changing it to 1.0 makes the scale completely wrong and the map essentially unusable.  Until this bug is fixed, I've reverted to the old method of drawing secret doors as different colored lines. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
All I can say is that I have the understanding that this fix is a very high priority.
That’s good to hear. 
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
As of today this issue is fixed. Thanks for letting us know!
Fabulous! It's kind of you to let me know. Thank you.  Yes, for anyone else with this trouble, I can confirmed it is fixed.