Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Small quality-of-life enhancement - Rename item: default to the item's current name

Score + 17
When renaming an uploaded item by choosing "Rename item", the resulting text box is blank. If I just want to change the capitalisation or remove the file extension (so it looks nice in my library), I need to type out the whole name again. It would be much nicer if the empty text box instead contained the existing item name as the default text. Then I could edit it easily. Or if I wanted to replace the name entirely, it's simple to select all of the text and overwrite it.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Simple QoL improvement = quick win... have an upvote!
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is one of those things that actively annoyed me, but I just accepted it. But now that I see the suggestion... Yeah, this is a great change to make! If I make a little typo, I don't want to have to type out the entire name again! Or like you said, removing the file type from the name. +1
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
THIS.
Gold
Forum Champion
QoL stands for Quality Of Life